View Poll Results: Souuld acct trades be allowed @ FST?

Voters
479. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

230 48.02%
  • No

249 51.98%
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Acct trades be allowed here?

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Does it really matter?

I mean regardless of w/e you do, people with intention of trading WILL trade (that includes account). Yes, of course, making "no account trading" official will minimize it but will it really stop account trading? I don't think so. Let's not forget the CR rules we had a while ago. FSTers were not allowed to trade certain accounts but i am sure it didn't stop it. Often traders used vague words to bypass the rules: "lvl 9 account", "have good offer"...can u really say whether that is an account or an invite? Likely not. In addition to that, FST isn't the only forum that allows trading so even if you do ban account trading, it still will NOT stop account trading in the WHOLE BT community. Traders can go somewhere else (unless that is what you (FST staff) want). Moreover, i am sure 99.9% trader already know trading (account as well as invite) is already against tracker rule. If they don't wanna follow tracker rule, what on blue hell makes u think they will follow FST rule?

BTW, why are we voting for or against "account trading", why not "trading" as a whole instead? Sounds much like a per-planned stuff to me. If majority vote "yes" then probably it will still be allowed. If it's other way, then the new rule (no account trading) can be cheap bargain for CR stuff? That way, FSTer can trade happily and CR are happy as well. Oh wait, it's human nature "we can't get enough". So what makes u think, those who oppose account trading will be quite after this? I mean, most who oppose account trading already oppose invite trading so does that mean trading as a whole will be banned from FST? If so, what's next, baning giveaway or better yet colasping the whole bittorrent invite section?

Lastly, if this is an attempt to make up for CR stuff, i think it's pathetic. If this is the evolution of FST (going for what majority believe) then

P.S. I am a non-trader but since i saw many "no" post i though i would speak for the other side.

P.P.S. my vote is "NO".

Last edited by squirr3l; 02-24-2008 at 11:45 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #92
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I voted no due to the fact that I seen what can happen when a user trades and account and then ends up blacklisted because his ip/email/nick is attached to it.

Example: User A has an account and gives or trades it to user B then user B turns around and sells it on some forum or Ebay and gets caught. I know you know what happens next which is user B and users A info is gather all up and passed around to bunch of sites and gets blacklisted and on some sites that could even affect a third person since some sites hold the inviter responsible.

Then you have user A coming back to the staff asking why he was banned from site A, B, and C, not knowing what happened and thats when you have to break the bad news to him that he is now known as an account seller which in my eyes are the scum of the BT community.

It really sucks when this kind of thing happens because maybe the original owner meant no harm but then again its a lesson learned.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #93
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    Cabalo so basically what you are telling us is that since it is allowed for example on ebay to trade accounts for money and it is doomed to happen, why not even let it happen here as well, in a cozy enviroment.
    Right?
    you can't compare FST to ebay, it's a very poor comparison you are making.
    I won't call it cozy here, i would call it a lesser public place and, as a community here, way more contained.
    I think that anyone that reads what i type at least using 1 open eye will understand this point of view.

(sorry for not using smilies on my text)

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #94
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ohhh, its a really close call ATM,

95 to 99

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #95
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    Does it really matter?

I mean regardless of w/e you do, people with intention of trading WILL trade (that includes account). Yes, of course, making "no account trading" official will minimize it but will it really stop account trading? I don't think so. Let's not forget the CR rules we had a while ago. FSTers were not allowed to trade certain accounts but i am sure it didn't stop it. Often traders used vague words to bypass the rules: "lvl 9 account", "have good offer"...can u really say whether that is an account or an invite? Likely not. In addition to that, FST isn't the only forum that allows trading so even if you do ban account trading, it still will NOT stop account trading in the WHOLE BT community. Traders can go somewhere else (unless that is what you (FST staff) want). Moreover, i am sure 99.9% trader already know trading (account as well as invite) is already against tracker rule. If they don't wanna follow tracker rule, what on blue hell makes u think they will follow FST rule?

BTW, why are we voting for or against "account trading", why not "trading" as a whole instead? Sounds much like a per-planned stuff to me. If majority vote "yes" then probably it will still be allowed. If it's other way, then the new rule (no account trading) can be cheap bargain for CR stuff? That way, FSTer can trade happily and CR are happy as well. Oh wait, it's human nature "we can't get enough". So what makes u think, those who oppose account trading will be quite after this? I mean, most who oppose account trading already oppose invite trading so does that mean trading as a whole will be banned from FST? If so, what's next, baning giveaway or better yet colasping the whole bittorrent invite section?

Lastly, if this is an attempt to make up for CR stuff, i think it's pathetic. If this is the evolution of FST (going for what majority believe) then

P.S. I am a non-trader but since i saw many "no" post i though i would speak for the other side.

P.P.S. my vote is "NO".

and i thought you were only spamming over here, nice post

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #96
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Like i stated various times over. Account trading should be prohibited. Just give harsh infractions or ban users completely, who impose on the rules and decide not to follow them. I'm not 100% against invite trading, but I stopped doing that long, long ago, when i was educated on how it is perceived to be trading and I was new to the bittorrent world(So now i'm against it as well). Account trading can not be tolerated at all ever, under any circumstances. It's vile to the Bittorrent Community(The person who gets the newly traded account, did not earn the right to it or initially set up that account). Thats my two sense on this issue. Sweet and short. No 6 page rants.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    here's another thing to think about for all you invite seekers:

90% of the people who have memberships on high level trackers on fst were invited by staff - not by account traders.

stopping account trading will actually raise your chances of getting invites to the trackers most of you dream of!
    Yes, yes, yes, yes. Sticky that whole post.

I voted NO NO NO.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-25-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #97
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    and i thought you were only spamming over here, nice post
    u thought right

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #98
    mera's Avatar Member BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I vote NO

Since joining FST, I've learned a lot in this space of time about BT and trackers through the knowledge that members have kindly shared here.
    In a way it opened my eyes but it never changed my opinion that being a member of a tracker is a privilege. When you join a tracker, you agree to adhere to the rules and most, if not all trackers ban trading accounts and even invites.

A place like FST where you have a community means there will be differing interests and balancing these interests maybe a delicate task but I think we shouldn't lose sight of the big picture, so I heartily agree with what Artemis has said below:-

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    As others have said think carefully before you vote, and think not just of yourselves and what you want in the short term but what is best for FST and the BT community as a whole.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #99
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    Cabalo so basically what you are telling us is that since it is allowed for example on ebay to trade accounts for money and it is doomed to happen, why not even let it happen here as well, in a cozy enviroment.
    Right?
    you can't compare FST to ebay, it's a very poor comparison you are making.
    I won't call it cozy here, i would call it a lesser public place and, as a community here, way more contained.
    I think that anyone that reads what i type at least using 1 open eye will understand this point of view.

(sorry for not using smilies on my text)
    Why not. It's exactly the same thing. Highest bidder gets it.

A says he has high level account/invite and to post or PM. B, C, D and E give him offers. D gets it because he offered what was worth most to A.

-------

I say ban both account trading and giveaways.

Exception should be giveaways specifically allowed by staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #100
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Big NO
    HT

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast