Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Newsgroups vs high level trackers

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentguy View Post
    And all along i've been thinking people go to trackers to download stuff. I can't believe I was so wrong (sarcasm). Who cares if usenet don't have a good community, that's what this forum is for.
    It's not even about that for most torrenters these days. Alot of them like to rent a box just so they can jump on all the newly uploaded shit, whether they want it or not, just to increase their buffer for bragging rights. Or they jump from site to site trying to get in the latest, most rare, or "highest level" tracker. Which they all have the same content as a "lower level" tracker. It's not even about the content or community(which is such a lame excuse for wanting a tracker anyways) for a lot of them. For most it's all about the e-penis, which is pathetic.

Luckily with Usenet you don't have to deal with any of that shit. You grab your file and you're done.

2. File Sharing   -   #62
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentguy View Post
    And all along i've been thinking people go to trackers to download stuff. I can't believe I was so wrong (sarcasm). Who cares if usenet don't have a good community, that's what this forum is for.
    It's not even about that for most torrenters these days. Alot of them like to rent a box just so they can jump on all the newly uploaded shit, whether they want it or not, just to increase their buffer for bragging rights. Or they jump from site to site trying to get in the latest, most rare, or "highest level" tracker. Which they all have the same content as a "lower level" tracker. It's not even about the content or community(which is such a lame excuse for wanting a tracker anyways) for a lot of them. For most it's all about the e-penis, which is pathetic.

Luckily with Usenet you don't have to deal with any of that shit. You grab your file and you're done.

3. File Sharing   -   #63
    High level trackers

On the torrent trackers have paks movies (ScT, SCC, TL, iTS etc.) , the news does not.

4. File Sharing   -   #64
    misterkrek's Avatar Poster
    Private Torrent Trackes, in my opinion, are simply better: free; files pre-tested by a responsible member; speed and availability usually par with newsgroups/usenet... Ok, worrying about your ratio is a pain sometimes, but it's better than paying money...

5. File Sharing   -   #65
    n00b BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I prefer high level trackers of course!

6. File Sharing   -   #66
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tranquill
    I prefer Torrents, Usenet is no fun is just simply downloading. With a high level torrent site, a great community is also present. Also I seem to get the same speeds in torrents as Usenet.

Totally.

Stick to torrents.
    that is what i feel

7. File Sharing   -   #67
    All have merits but with seed boxes maxing out connections your a ratio can take a hammering that you can never get back on HLT's. In my mind I use BT for stuff I cannot find on NG's but I use p2p as a last resort. I am not having a go at p2p just an ordinary guy I cannot afford a box and a NSP. So I just download what I reallly need off p2p and then hopefully I can seed back.

I prefer usenet as it takes the headache out of getting ratio 1:1 or better. Simple really that is the only reason I prefer usenet.

As for communties what is wrong with FST and its very good NZB section.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

8. File Sharing   -   #68
    yakz091's Avatar The Encapsulator BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by lightshow View Post

3) Higher risk of being caught in a swarm
    I have to agree on this point though i prefer bt, maybe i will change my mind later.

about the discussion which is better, my vote goes to newsgroups ( sounds bit strange right, no i dont think so)

9. File Sharing   -   #69
    forthat's Avatar ha..ha ..ha.. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by yakz091 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lightshow View Post

3) Higher risk of being caught in a swarm
    I have to agree on this point though i prefer bt, maybe i will change my mind later.

about the discussion which is better, my vote goes to newsgroups ( sounds bit strange right, no i dont think so)
    ha ha ....

get a tunnel ...if u have any problem with the ISP

10. File Sharing   -   #70
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    point of piracy--->you don't have to pay for anything except your monthly internet bill.

Any pay-for service defies that. Anybody who uses those services are not true pirates

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast