Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i can't view any posts in the social groups anymore. they are all empty:

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Yeah, I can't see them either

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    My precious community of followers...ohhhhh...the mayhem

They weren't suspended because of those F**** bt-tards were they?
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Recent posting in a group was going around sites rules so posting has been removed for now. The Staff will review if they will be return or not. The issue is theres no way to moderate this unless Staff is going to check these groups regularly which is unlikely. Not sure what the point is in having posting in these groups when you could do so in the forums...

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY View Post
    Recent posting in a group was going around sites rules so posting has been removed for now. The Staff will review if they will be return or not. The issue is theres no way to moderate this unless Staff is going to check these groups regularly which is unlikely. Not sure what the point is in having posting in these groups when you could do so in the forums...
    mmmh, i'm almost sure that this has something to do with bittorrent invites again.

as for the reason: fst has a linux section, but not an apple section. so the apple group was a place where mac users could meet.

even if we are a minority, there are quite a few mac users on fst.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    mmmh, i'm almost sure that this has something to do with bittorrent invites again.

as for the reason: fst has a linux section, but not an apple section. so the apple group was a place where mac users could meet.

even if we are a minority, there are quite a few mac users on fst.
    then maybe a subforum would be better than a social group for that purpose

fact is, people will abuse of this feature, it's to hard to moderate all these groups

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    then maybe a subforum would be better than a social group for that purpose

fact is, people will abuse of this feature, it's to hard to moderate all these groups
    this is exactly what i was suggesting with my post. i just was to shy to ask for it directly.

of course i would rather see an apple subforum in the software section than a crippled social group.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    If you want a MAC forum thats a resonable request. We hope its as active as the other sub forums there. Since you were involved in the group you would know if it was or not. Though moderting a bunch of groups isnt really possible...

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    They weren't suspended because of those F**** bt-tards were they?
    Yes, obviousment, they are the root of all evil.
    Now go away.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    If you want a MAC forum thats a resonable request. We hope its as active as the other sub forums there. Since you were involved in the group you would know if it was or not. Though moderting a bunch of groups isnt really possible...
    absolutely. i can understand that very well.

from my experience mac sections on other (mostly tracker) forums are not hyperactive in comparison to the regular windows sections, but people do post there.

i promoted the social group only with a signature and 30 people joined (and i'm mostly active in the bittorent section).

i'm sure if there was a apple subforum in the software section quite a few people would be thankful and exchange their minds.

so consider this as a proposal and think about it.

if it doesn't match an expected activity, one can always announce it a failure and cancel the section again.

thank you.

edit: if you are positive, give it a month.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-25-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast