Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: utorrent fluctuating speeds

sgt major, any clue on what to do next?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ramishka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Does this happen only with utorrent? Have you tried using another bt client? And do you get memory errors or BSODs frequently?

If you are using XP, check for 'savedump' entries in Control panel->Administrative tools->Event Viewer

There are a wide range of possibilities for this including ISP throttling.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ramishka View Post
    Does this happen only with utorrent? Have you tried using another bt client? And do you get memory errors or BSODs frequently?

If you are using XP, check for 'savedump' entries in Control panel->Administrative tools->Event Viewer

There are a wide range of possibilities for this including ISP throttling.
    i don't think it's isp throttling because my speeds aren't limited for stretches in hours, but the drops and jumps in speed occur multiple times in a short span of time, which suggests that it is a localised issue. Seeing as this is not a known problem with utorrent, changing clients might not bring the desired outcome, and in fact my complicated matters further.

yes i have had some bsod problems recently, but they only occur if i run both emule and utorrent at the same time. if utorrent is the only p2p programme running then i don't get bsod. the error is: bad_pool_caller, which, according to some preliminary searches on google, is caused by bad drivers or usb connections.

i am able to access event view but i don't see this save dump you're talking about. i've checked in the minidump, and have used the windows debugger to determine some of the files that might have caused the errors, mainly vsdatant.sys(associated with zonealarm) and ntoskrnl.exe(critical windows boot component). i was about to do a repair install on windows xp, but oddly enough, this problem has suddenly ceased. i'm getting relatively constant speeds with utorrent now.
    Last edited by athenaesword; 02-29-2008 at 10:43 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    singing_sol's Avatar ftn lover!!! BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    might be firewall prob or isp prob checkout

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by singing_sol View Post
    might be firewall prob or isp prob checkout
    like i said man highly unlikely an isp problem. and definitely not a firewall probably i don't even have one -_-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12