Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seedbox Sharing

fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Ain't looking for a reseller, how about a cheap and good one on a official site like-not private?
    Well budget = VPS, you can get a pretty decent VPS from hosting ie
    Raptor 5 or any of the Raptor + series.
    http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/66/

For more money you can get dedicated hosting from a variety of companies...check the faq in my signature for a quick rating of the popular ones.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Care to provide us with a reseller website. If you don't have one it's doubtful people will be interested. For anyone who didn't know all the OVH resellers I've seen out there charge a significantly higher price then OVH does.

Hosting-ie will hit you in the pocket too with hidden fees so make sure you run through all the steps to see what your pricing will be cause the price they provide is only for renting the server. They also incur a setup fee and tax which can add up significantly if your not careful.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    Care to provide us with a reseller website. If you don't have one it's doubtful people will be interested. For anyone who didn't know all the OVH resellers I've seen out there charge a significantly higher price then OVH does.

Hosting-ie will hit you in the pocket too with hidden fees so make sure you run through all the steps to see what your pricing will be cause the price they provide is only for renting the server. They also incur a setup fee and tax which can add up significantly if your not careful.
    Vps dont have setup fees unless you get the extremes.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    You'd be incorrect. All the raptors include set up fees unless you sign for a long term contract which I believe is 6 months. Do the research as they let you run up the tab before you have to pay for it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    You'd be incorrect. All the raptors include set up fees unless you sign for a long term contract which I believe is 6 months. Do the research as they let you run up the tab before you have to pay for it.
    Why would you only get a vps for 1 month? They are so cheap and they keep your personal ip outta the whole tracker relm. Everyone I know who has vps has them for about a year...its cheaper then upgrading your cable to handle the stress of torrenting!

If you are only going to use it for a month, that would be the point of a dedicated box.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    http://boardster.net/seedbox/index.php
    This is one of the ovh resellers. The prices are crazy

Quote Originally Posted by bikernin View Post
    exactly what i was wondering! sounds like a ripoff to me.
    the seedboxes ive seen on PT have been by far the cheapest ive ever come across
    I am a PT member. can you PM me the link on PT

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    Why would you only get a vps for 1 month? They are so cheap and they keep your personal ip outta the whole tracker relm. Everyone I know who has vps has them for about a year...its cheaper then upgrading your cable to handle the stress of torrenting!

If you are only going to use it for a month, that would be the point of a dedicated box.
    I dont get it. Why are you guys so crazy about vps. Its not any cheaper

The rental + taxes + contract comes to around $70 bucks

For $75 get a dedimove.com box and use the hell out of it for one month

I have seen people push over 10TB a month there

Also, its crazy and waste of money to have seedbox for a year unless one wants to show off their e-penis

Me, I ll use one month of dedibox, buffer like crazy on 4-5 acc and use buffer for one year. That makes more sense to me
    Last edited by fazzy07; 02-28-2008 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    ur all looking n the wrong places.
    go to webhostingtalk.com
    companys plus resleers.
    were i get my boxes from.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by fazzy07 View Post
    http://boardster.net/seedbox/index.php
    This is one of the ovh resellers. The prices are crazy

I am a PT member. can you PM me the link on PT

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

I dont get it. Why are you guys so crazy about vps. Its not any cheaper

The rental + taxes + contract comes to around $70 bucks

For $75 get a dedimove.com box and use the hell out of it for one month

I have seen people push over 10TB a month there

Also, its crazy and waste of money to have seedbox for a year unless one wants to show off their e-penis

Me, I ll use one month of dedibox, buffer like crazy on 4-5 acc and use buffer for one year. That makes more sense to me

Dedibox...have fun with that, when your server gets busted (and its like the 3 red lights on xbox 360...only a matter of time) dont come posting in here about how you are getting screwed over. I think there server center has a tuesday raid special, where if you are a cop, and you are on the raid team for that week, you get free lunch in the cafeteria. And if a raid doesnt bust you, dedibox themselves will, I know 2 people who, after a week of torrents, had their access to the boxes removed for violating terms of use.

Ill stick to my dedicated server from OvH and my hosting ie vps anyday of the week. Cheaper, Um Cheaper, ...Cheaper...and 10x better hardware for the money. Plus dont have to worry really about the french police knocking on the door, or the fact that dedibox is known for looking for torrent users.

Good luck

here is the math since you got it pretty much wrong up there:

Hosting ie Raptor 5: (unlimited bandwidth, speeds avg 11 down, 8 up)

Spoiler: Show

6 months = $358 = $60 a month.

Vectoral Zephyr (note limited bandwidth) 11 down 6 up (disk overload due to outdated hardware...aka ide harddrives)

6 months = $107.90 per month + $20 setup = $667.40

OvH START 100M LARGE + (unlimited bandwidth) 11down and up

6 Months: $371

Dedi Move:

6 Months= $75*6*1.175 (17.5% vat isnt included on their home page) = $528 oh and for 1 month its = $90

So by your math, Dedimove is the best value...

right...not for anyone who can count!

Last edited by fatcat69; 02-28-2008 at 07:01 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Just by experience, I would pay more to get a dedicated server than a VPS. Here are some advantages:

- Dedicated hardware, not shared
    - Runs more stable
    - Not sharing bandwidth with other VPS
    - Ability to remote reboot. I don't know any VPS that can do this, you must request a reboot, and wait.
    - Host cannot view what you have on the HD

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Who ever thought server talk could be such a heated discussion.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast