Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: NaQ's Complete Setup Guide for Linux Seedboxes (Fedora Core/CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu)

hope someone can help me here..

iv got a server.lu with ubuntu 8.10

i follow this guide step by set and all go's fine, but.. when i try to connect with tightvnc all i see is a white screen..

if i right click i get nothing other then this black bar.

any help is greatly appreciated, bare in mind this is my first time using linux

thanks !!

Last edited by hrvy86; 04-17-2009 at 12:06 PM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #332
    Fixed the problem.
    Last edited by losthero; 04-17-2009 at 04:32 PM.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #333
    Great guide, worked for me. Thank you .

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #334
    jobinjv's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jobinjv View Post
    Thanks a lot naq.

I ordered a CentOS based server and it is due shortly. So I wanna clear a few doubts before it arrives. I am absolute noob in linux hence these question.

1. On centoswiki the xstartup had a lot more lines to it like geometry and stuff. So if I go with this tutorial will i be getting a desktop with icons n shortcuts and stuff ?

2.If a bunch of guys together taking the server so how do I assign fixed hard disk space (quotas) to each user.

3. Each user should have privacy. i.e, the others files are not to be view how can i achieve that?

4. If a person leaves how do i remove the user account and the assigned disk quota.

Hoping for some help.
    Any one any help ??

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #335
    thanks - this guide was a lifesaver for me!

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #336
    babau's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    very nice guide.

thanks

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #337
    Nice.

Thanks!!

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #338
    frojdish
    I get to the utorrent point and then it's a no-no. Using debian 5.0 I downloaded utorrent and wined it.. installation came up and I seleceted to not install utorrent. Problem is.. it's not running. I get a bunch of error messages in Wine from options and stuff in the install but that's it.

Any ideas?

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #339
    great guide

im 2/3 of the way through and most things have gone well, i have fluxbox and utorrent up and running and can kind of connect through FTP.

My issue is I can only connect to FTP when i edit the vsftpd.conf file and set ssl_enable=NO

If I set ssl_enable=YES
    and then type vsftpd i het
    500 OOPS: SSL: cannot load RSA private key

The key is there i know i remember creating it but something has gone wrong, how do i kill the current key and create a new one?

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #340
    There's a typo in the guide (well, there's numerous errors & typos in the guide) and it's been a while but the line should be:

openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout /root/vsftpd.key -out /root/vsftpd.pem

Edit: You shouldn't need to kill the current key, it'll overwite it.
    Last edited by Overlord; 05-07-2009 at 08:27 AM.
    Not sure what that file's gonna do? Check it with ANUBIS - Analyzing Unknown Binaries
    Is that site DOWN FOR EVERYONE OR JUST ME?

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 ... LastLast