Thread: how many fans

ac19 BT Rep: +1
    really only use my pc at the moment for downloading, encoding and web browsing. pc is on 24/7 was just curious how many fans i really need to be running? was looking at buying a kase jyuni 500rpm fan will this produce enough air volume or will i need two?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    svr's Avatar Ultimata Warrior BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    2 fans are enough for that use, front and back. I have 2x 120mm fans. Both are 1200rpm, one of them is noctua's fan. Very quiet, I can only hear a little poof from it if I go close enough.

I wouldnt get 500rpm personally, not enough power. If you are looking for a silent PC, read some reviews at SPCR.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.cook View Post
    really only use my pc at the moment for downloading, encoding and web browsing. pc is on 24/7 was just curious how many fans i really need to be running? was looking at buying a kase jyuni 500rpm fan will this produce enough air volume or will i need two?

Not enough information.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ac19 BT Rep: +1
    would just like to make sure my pc remains cool at a reasonable temp without compromising on noise output if that helps

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Well, it doesn't.

What temps are you getting now?
    What case?
    Why are you even thinking about the internal temps all of a sudden?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I usually don't run any fans in my PCs, just the one in the psu. But then again I mostly just torrent and surf the web.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    For the longest time I use to just keep my side panel off and use a little Vornado fan.

http://www.vornado.com/products/circ...allery/500.htm

Let me tell you you'll never beat the cooling with something like this, especially if there is some real heat issues inside your case, or the room is really warm, or hot.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    if you're not using the pc for strenuous calculations, then i think a silent fan should be ok

but before that, have you tried configuring the fan speeds from the BIOS? there might be an option to turn all your fans to quiet mode

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I personally use three, but you should have at least one to suck in air, and one to blow in air.