Thread: Emule

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    How the hell do u use it? I connected to ProbenPrinz.de
    and i search for a file. I find like 200 sources. i dl, and it doesn't do anything. it starts, but it says waiting...
    wat the hell. now i'm dling small soldiers, but its all slow and it's goin at .4kb/s

did i configure the thing wrong?
    how do i make it faster?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    From my experience in the little time iv'e used eMule off and on...It can take forever to d/l things..possibly up to 5-7 days minimum for the d/l's to complete. As far as making it go faster..think it's a lost cause.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    then y do so many ppl use it, if it's so slow? most of the stuff on emule can be found on kazaa

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    emule has better error checking so your big downloads are not gonna be corrupt like kazaa.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    it works extremely well depending on number of sources and your settings. I can achieve 65KB out of 75KB which isnt bad, considering most the file on kazaa werent downloading most of the time

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    am i doin some settings wrong. I have 1.5meg/s cable. but it usually dls at 300kb/s
    i set the max to 500, am i doin that wrong?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    imported_The__One
    Emule is slow, you just can't expect to max out your bandwith on emule. Expect anything from 5kbps downloads to 30kbps. Emule has a rather sophisticated "credits" system (rather like the extinct Participation Level, PL)

Basically, you have to wait in a queue (a line) to be able to download from a person, now your position on that line depends on how many credit's you have. And the more you upload the more credits you gain, it's a ratio between your total upload/download.

THere is a bit more to it, but all you need to do is go to the "preferences" section of emule, and choose your connection under the "connection" subcategory, then leave emule open for one night without downloading anything, so you upload a lot, now when you start downloading, the uploads will have a head start.

Hope this helps

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Emule has alot of files but is just to damn slow to use.