Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's best program for downloading apps?

Question Mark

Hi, I need to download a few pieces of software, but I've been out of the loop for a while.

I'm trying to get Microsoft Office 2000 and Photoshop 7 for now. I just don't know which download/search program is best for this sort of thing.

Thanks for any ideas.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    There are programs to download apps?

Just kidding - try Warez-BB and a program such as RDesc or jDownloader to automate downloads.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    JDownloader is the best , pretty much everything (RS, MU and much much more) LINK - http://jdownloader.org/download/index

Universal Share Downloader - not so universal but does the job (RS and other). Very lightweight. Just make sure to download English language version cause most are in russian.
    Last edited by darksub; 07-05-2010 at 02:51 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    IDM is quite good~~

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by diaoooo View Post
    IDM is quite good~~
    Yes, but if only if you have a RS/MU etc premium account. jDownloader can automate RS/MU downloads for free. You can also download without the waiting time, if you can configure it with your router, to get a new IP address.

@Prozac1964:

Office and photoshop are pretty large programs so if you're looking up regular sites like warez-bb, you'll see that the files are split up into many many parts. If you try to download all those parts manually, it'll take ages as you can only download one file at a time, and there'll be a long waiting period before you can get the next file. Which is why most people use a download manager. IDM and other regular download managers work only if you have a premium account on rapidshare/megaupload/hotfile etc, so if you don't want to pay up, you'll have to use other programs like jDownloader, USD or CryptLoad.

If you're technically proficient enough to configure jDownloader/etc with your router, then by all means feel free to use those rapidshare/megaupload/hotfile etc links.

However, if you want the easy way out, stick to BitTorrent. You'll need to install a program like uTorrent first. Its free and pretty small (just a few hundreds of KBs).

To download via uTorrent or others, you'll need the .torrent file for the stuff you want to download. Torrent files are small text files (but have .torrent extension) which tells the torrent program where to actually obtain the stuff you want to download.

Torrent files can be found at many popular sites such as thepiratebay.org, isohunt.com, etc. You'll get multiple search results, but the trick is to select a file that has a good number of seeds (uploaders) - this is often indicated in the column header by the letters 'SE' or an up-arrow. You should also look at the number of leechers (downloaders), 'cause if there are more leechers than seeders, then your download will take ages to complete.

So in short:

-> install uTorrent
    -> Search for torrents on thepiratebay.org/isohunt.com/etc
    -> Open downloaded torrent file

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    internet downlaod manager

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    idm is the best !!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    IDM is great but I also download my applications from download.cnet.com and also 4shared. These sites are good and I find almost all apps here. Actually I try all three and find applications at least on one and in the latest and full version.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by fatima View Post
    IDM is great but I also download my applications from download.cnet.com
    If we're talking about non-warez here, Filehippo is another great place. When I reinstall Windows on a computer, they're the first site I go to after installing the network drivers, to get essentials like NOD32 2.7 or the .NET Framework.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    newsgroupie
    There are many ways to get files, and with über-popular software programs like the ones you mentioned you can basically pick any method you want. Torrents, eDonkey, NZBs, Rapidshare, etc. The main thing is to get the files from trusted sources, or at the very least a place that has comments posted by other users.

Probably 99% of the files on P2P and Usenet named "Photoshop" or "office" are viruses/trojans, so learn how to avoid these.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast