Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 34.29%
  • No

46 65.71%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is BCG SP system, a Freeleech System

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Just a curiosity question really.

But when i here of freeleech on other trackers, you still have to seed for a set period of time, or to a 1:1 ratio. which is basically the same as BCG but we do it 365 days a year with the SP mod.

Just i see all these threads about other trackers being freeleech, and the no ratio trackers, but not many people mention the BCG system (i know some do but not as much compared to others).

Obviously other trackers have 2* upload etc which we do not have.

so im just wondering if its seen as freeleech to users, or something else.

# What is the Seed Points mod?

Our Seed Points mod is an exclusive system that always helps the members to seed their torrents whenever the uploading conditions are too hard.
    Since the torrents run out of leechers very fast, sometimes it gets really difficult to seed back the torrent you have just downloaded.

# How can I get the Seed Points?

There are some requirements that must be met so your torrent becomes eligible for the Seed Points mod. All the requirements must be met at the same time, otherwise you will not collect any Seed Points.

1. You must have the full torrent downloaded. If you grab only a small part of it, you will never receive Seed Points.
    2. The individual ratio for the torrent you are seeding must be less than 1.000. If you have a torrent which ratio is Inf. (Infinite), you will not receive Seed Points too, because Infinite is higher than 1.000.
    3. You must not be the torrent Uploader.
    4. You must have the torrent active in your torrent history.
    5. You must have at least 72 hours of active time on the torrent. The active time is the total time that you spent connected to that torrent while downloading and seeding it. Only after the initial 72 hours of active time you will start receiving Seed Points. If the torrent has less than 500MB in size, then you will only need an active time of 36 hours to start collecting Seed Points.
    6. The seeder/leecher ratio must either be equal or higher than 20:1, which means 20 seeders for each leecher. If a torrent has 0 leechers, then you do not have to worry about how many seeders there are, because you will receive Seed Points anyway.

You must seed your torrents respecting the member class limit. If you seed more torrents at the same time than your member class allows, you will not receive Seed Points.

KL = 5
    USER = 10
    PU = 10
    > SPU = 15

# Do I receive Seed Points for all torrents I am seeding at the same time?

No. You will only receive Seed Points for 2 torrents of all you are seeding. So, if you are a Power User and seeding 10 torrents at the same time, you will only receive Seed Points for 2 of them at the same time.
    Those 2 torrents are automatically chosen by the system, being the ones with lowest individual ratios.

# How many Seed Points do I get?

The amount of Seed Points you receive depends on your connection status.
    If you are Connectable, then you will receive 0.25 Seed Points each 15 minutes seeding the torrent.
    If you are Unconnectable, then you will receive 0.0625 Seed Points each 15 minutes seeding the torrent.
    Of course, the best option is to be Connectable, so if you need to know more about it, please read this:
    http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum......t=0&start=0

# How long do I need to keep seeding and receiving Seed Points?

Every torrent has a Cost, which is how many points you will need to collect until you are done seeding it. That Cost is calculated automatically and based on the torrent original size.
    For each 100MB in size, 1 point will be added to the torrent Cost, but there is a minimum Cost of 10 points.
    So, if you have a torrent with 1GB in size, it's Cost will be 10. Torrents with 5Gb will have a Cost of 50 and so on. But a torrent with 500MB will have a Cost of 10, because of the minimum Cost.
    Also, if you upload some data of the torrent while seeding it, that will be used to reduce the torrent Cost, but always respecting the minimum Cost.

# What happens when I receive as many Seed Points as the torrent Cost?

When this happens, within 15 minutes, the individual ratio for the torrent will be set equal to 1.000, and the upload amount added to the torrent so it could become 1.000 will also be added to your global ratio.

# Why do I have more Seed Points than the torrent Cost?

This will always happen when you have reached the torrent Cost, but the torrent is no longer eligible for Seed Points. In this case, you will have to keep seeding the torrent until it becomes eligible one last time, so you receive your credits.

# When can I stop a torrent?

You can always stop a torrent if it has an individual ratio of at least 0.800. So, if you are collecting Seed Points for a torrent, the moment you have enough points to match the torrent Cost, it will have an individual ratio of 1.000, being safe for you to stop it.
    Last edited by stoi; 02-29-2008 at 01:10 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I would absolutely consider BCG freeleech under those rules. It's like other sites where you have to seed for a period of time, only that there are more rules concerning how long you have to seed for. I think people don't mention it because it's a little bit more complex than other systems and thus would take longer for someone to describe.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Though you could get the end result of freeleech, it's not.
    Freeleech means that only upload is counted.
    On BCG, the download does count which makes a huge difference when seeding back.

I personally just see it as the BCG SP bonus system.
    And it's better than freeleech because it prevents hit n runs AND allows people to download without worrying about having a bad ratio. What other tracker does that?
    Haha, like I said previously in another thread... it's perfect.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    I would love to vote, but I'm not a member of BCG ergo I don't know its ratio system. I simply don't play games. Don't have the time, don't have the passion.
    Live long and prosper.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    its far from freeleech there,u need to seed at least 3 days to start getting points and after 3 days of seeding then your points will start to go and then again u need to seed for days to reach to 1:1

we know how FL is working on other site so i cant really say BCG is FL

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    maybe, but this might be the only effective way to prevent the old torrents from dying. This way everyone can get what they want. Maybe you could only allow the sp system for torrents older than 1 month or more so people won't abuse it. but how about people capping their uploads to 1KB/s? do you have some sort of system to catch these kind of people?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    if i say we have people will say, well you havnt caught me yet, if i say we dont then we have people trying it, so i will abstain from answering that ? lol

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    krisil's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    no way is BCG freeleech . its just that they have shown some mercy for low bandwidth i.e. less privileged users . its a very good thing they have done .

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I couldn't imagine too many people cheating the system. It doesn't seem like there are many torrents dying off that quickly, and the torrents are typically pretty well seeded.
    If a torrent does die off, then the request section is pretty decent too.
    And if you want even have the ability to request (or other features), you have to be a power user or super power user, which means a ratio of 1.5+ or 2.0+... which would keep quite a few people connected to torrents even after the SP bonus.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by krisil View Post
    no way is BCG freeleech . its just that they have shown some mercy for low bandwidth i.e. less privileged users . its a very good thing they have done .
    agreed to u mate , its a blessing for ppl like me on low pipes , stoi looks like a kind person , dont he .!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast