Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the old members?

The most active are those who want to establish them self and are new here.
    Those who got what they want post less or hardly ever;
    many left forever.
    few are beyond the 1 year mark
    I just notice
    Why?

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    shmicko's Avatar got cookie? BT Rep: +4
    Some don't give a shit about community I guess what else could it be? Just take what you need and sod off? Either that or abduction by aliens? or SWAT team seize HDD?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    If you really want to know the reason here it is.....

The recent changes to the site rules pushed a lot of established members back to their favourite private trackers/forums, because trying to hang out in both sites put them in a bit of a bind. It was no longer easy to just post in both, when the rules of FST were putting our favourites sites in greater risk. So, when it comes down to having to chose where to put support, members are supporting their private sites for obvious reasons.

Personally, I've done the same, for the same reasons. It's a bit of a fluke that I cam across your post.

What is really important to put out there, is that it is not about NOT giving a shit about community but rather GIVING a shit about the BT community as a whole; and for this reason a core section of FST's userbase has just drifted off.

My two cents..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    well alot of people get their invites and bounce, there are a few out there that stick around thogh. You also have to take into consideration that some people just get sick of torrents.

Either way im here to stay

Jon

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    The reason the old members don't post hear is because they do care about this and other communities.
    This is by far the worst, but most popular section on FST.
    Populated in the most part by people who don't care about communities, or their safety.
    Now go away.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    this is still by far the best file sharing forums i have come across so far

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    You also have to take into consideration that some people just get sick of torrents.
    Just the same subjects actually, but with younger and less understanding posters who want it like right now and have no patience or do not know how to put the actual effort into getting what they want legitimately and believe that everything has a value or a price.

It's cyclic, every 3 or 6 months you see the same topics crop up, just the posters name is different, I mean just how many times can you take having to see the same question "I have a problem with BitmeTV or TL" etc etc before it becomes tiresome.

I think I should create a c&p answer sticky so I don't have to think the next time I see the same question
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    If you really want to know the reason here it is.....

The recent changes to the site rules pushed a lot of established members back to their favourite private trackers/forums, because trying to hang out in both sites put them in a bit of a bind. It was no longer easy to just post in both, when the rules of FST were putting our favourites sites in greater risk. So, when it comes down to having to chose where to put support, members are supporting their private sites for obvious reasons.

Personally, I've done the same, for the same reasons. It's a bit of a fluke that I cam across your post.

What is really important to put out there, is that it is not about NOT giving a shit about community but rather GIVING a shit about the BT community as a whole; and for this reason a core section of FST's userbase has just drifted off.

My two cents..
    I tend to post here rather than in tracker's forums. I found this site before I know anything about private trackers.
    We are still lucky here cos there are still a few old timers with the right knowledge and wisdom to guide the newer one.

and the Sgt is one of them
    Last edited by TP635; 03-02-2008 at 03:09 AM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    rovama's Avatar ✩✩✩✩✩✩ BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    I come here from time to time, but most of those times I just read others threads to be up to date, or I read something that draws my attention, and I only occasionally write to a thread. Part of that is what kallieb said about how things have changed. And in part is like jonny81985 said, sometimes you need to forget a little about bittorrents invites threads or trackers discussions and take some time to enjoy what you have. Spent some more time on trackers forums or checking the new stuff.

But of course I can never forget about this place, because is here where i've learned almost all I know about private trackers. And I've also met some good friends.

I must admit that I enjoy to come here, and see that some old and very respectable members as SgtMajor are still here. Without them, it wouldn't be the same.
    Last edited by rovama; 03-02-2008 at 03:20 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    durex's Avatar PEACE AND LOVE BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    To many people .... someone once told me,
    "....perhaps with luck you will find 1% of the 10% (total) of nice people here. "

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast