Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Where are the old members?

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
    lurking in the bushes
    Somehow the idea of you lurking in the bushes ready to leap out doesn't really surprise me GG

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    i think most of these rumours about lounge is rumours...its not like its a forbidden zone...there are always certain people who agree with what you say and some who dont....there are always people who are smarter then you and some who r not...there are always people who have better vocabulary and some who dont...if you are offended by such things then everything is a bermuda triangle .......may be this topic should be moved to "THE LOUNGE"
    this is naive
    really naive ..
    stitched ... i have been here a little longer then you have .. and i have seen things .. i have seen people adventuring into the lounge .. but never came back .. .trust me mate they have in there .. they play with your mind and they abduct people .. stay away from that place ...
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    well, i've been here over an year, and hadn't spammed like some people i see that are registered in less than few months and some thousands of posts...
    i find it amazing to have time to show an opinion just about everything, i wish i had time for that.
    could have registered a lot of time before, but as this forum doesn't require u to register for reading permissions, i only registered some day i wanted to reply something.

i like the BT section cuz i get good laughs with all the noobs and stupid things i see happening there, but my main subjects are usually hardware, software and gaming, and those are not very active areas at this forum.
    right now I'm battling detale and clocker for the biggest E8400 OC, the mhz e-penis battle, and i'm winning

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    in answer to skizo`s post.

I would love to see how many users this board had if you pruned them for not login in for 60 days.

I joined in 2002 when it was the klite forum, then i scrapped klite when torrents first come out, so i never returned here (as i didnt know it had changed its name) until the middle of last year, so that was 3-4 years inactive on this board.

so if you never ever prune members, of course it will "look" like its growing, but it isnt realy, the board "looks" a lot busier than it actually is.

For example. 128,000 members in 5 years, without pruning.

BCG we are up to our 350,000 members in just over a year, but we prune inactive accounts so its actually 47,000 active members.
    Of course members are always joining.

What I mean is the forum is growing in respect to unique visitors each month.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well what i meant was, lots of members join, get what they want, and never come back ever.

I would like to see what you would get if you ran a query or even a user search on here, for members who have not signed in for at least 60 days. even make it a year, i bet its well over 1/2 of the total members on here.

im not saying its a bad forum, all im saying its not as active as the 128,000 members at the bottom of the page make it out to be. and if you did prune accounts, which i bet you never will, that number would get cut drastically. (but im just curious as to how many would get pruned)

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I gotta agree with Stoi. Amazing though that there are plethora of malevolent people showing up each and every day here. This can be a real big turn down. I mean people are really getting more cautious - even offering generous giveaways. It ain't a good experience to be scammed or Your account having been hacked. Another factor is that in some cases P2P - and torrenting - becomes a real hobby (even and obsession), and for some people the enthusiasm just goes away. It lasts for some months or a couple of years. Torrenting is both a lifestyle and a tool to reach Your goals (films, applications, games) in a relaxed - and cheaper - way...Interesting, though that some virtual companionship could evolve.
    Last edited by Sylar666; 03-03-2008 at 07:20 AM.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    freedom's Avatar Kizuna ^^ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    i think just like everything in life people lose interest ....especially in all these less important things in life.....u might too when you r 1-2 years older. its like moving on to better and bigger things in life and realising "no amount of torrent site would make any difference in someone's life....with experience some learn to better utilize the time in their lives.
    This is a good point i need to admit.. well actually the time is priceless. you will not have time to reply in a forum and you will probably only visit from time to time and see what's new, what things have been changed from the last visit.. look for some well know names..

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    marksman's Avatar -------> BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    we(..i kinda like to think myself as one of em) are still around...its just that for me..how the forum turned to isnt like what it used 2 be!..guess i didnt like the change much thats all!..
    Been There, Done That

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Would you please tell us where is it, so that we can follow?

Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    Some have moved on to a better place to hangout..................
    *** I Love Sharing & Helping Other People ***

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhkhang01 View Post
    Would you please tell us where is it, so that we can follow?

Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    Some have moved on to a better place to hangout..................
    I agree. I could say personally I have had the TIME to be active here. I'm currently not working as much at the moment. It's been that way for the past 4 months. So I have had alot of spare time on my hands, but when I become active again(Working full time), I may disappear for along while and return in intervals. For other older members? Some are sick of the BT Section and label it "Bittard Section". Others feel there is only so much you can learn and gain from the BT section (Which is very true).

Same shit, different poster. Others never had an interest at all in the BT Section(Due to being more mature, better things to do with their spare time) and joined for Newsgroups or software or some other shit. Then you have the members that troll all parts of the FST boards and chime in occasionally. I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to why old members don't show face in this section.

Honestly? Sometimes it's due to all the senseless banter that is spewed within this section, young children, and n00bs like (myself included). Also you tend to feel like your dumbed down alittle bit when reading certain topics, posts, or arguments. It becomes redundant to some, and refreshing to others. Others simply love this section to ROFLMAO.

Edit: Also some members like to lurk and just read shit, laugh, gain knowledge, and even get help to their own question, that they may have had in the past, but didn't post, or the issue or problem didn't get resolved. You also have those that only like to post (If they are compelled to do so). Then you have the members that are afraid to let their views be heard, cause they don't want to be bothered, picked on, among other things. Then you have those who love this board for the lounge section only. They regurgitate the same witty stuff about life, sex, work, funny shit, boredom, or members, current affairs, or whatever else and a very humorous funny way(Or dull). Same with those who like the BT section. Same redundant subject, matters, issues. Thats what makes this board fun though. To each it's own. Feel free to agree, disagree, hate, love, or whatever you do when viewing post's you agree or disagree with.
    Last edited by grimms; 03-04-2008 at 02:06 AM. Reason: edit

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456