Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What sites are so good that you would'nt give a invite to a buddy?

Poster BT Rep: +1
    that would be the mango tracker!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Friendship and Torrenting are pretty different things. I rather to give invites to trustable guys that i meet in tracker forums than give to my "real friends" because they are great friends but have poor internet/torrenting skills.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    i've given my friend a ftn invite but refuse to invite him to sct

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    It's a lot funnier when everyone is downloading a lot, and can share tracker experiences.
    Totally agreed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    hmm i don't see the logic here? the better the site, the more eager i would be to invite my buddies.. so the question you should ask is "what sites are bad enough that you wouldn't invite your buddies"

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I think the real question pone is raising is? What sites should I not give a friend an invite to, if I don't want to risk getting my account to get disabled. Also I think he just wants an overall general opinion maybe? For the future. I don't think there is any site that good, that I wouldn't want to invite my friend to.

The question I would raise to myself is "Would my friend understand the ratio system, read the faq, rules, and comprehend them, also be a great member, who could contribute and make the community better"? Only one of my real friends grasps the concept of torrenting. The rest have no clue or business, involving themselves in the BT World.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    thewho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    yeah, i agree that no connection with friendship and invites, if the one has a good rate for connection then he/she should have one

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    reno55's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    /me unzips his fly

ya what now.

what kind of friend are you if you arent going to invite your friend to a site you are one.

I take my friends with me to the top. No point in being at the top all alone.

That my friend is the spirit of the scene! Too bad many others dont have it

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I have one (or maybe even two) legitimate BT-user fans that I'd share any of my invites with. However, for the others, I probably wouldn't invite them into the top sites because they wouldn't be able to fit into the atmosphere. They have to be exposed to lesser trackers first, if you will. For example, if a newbie is invited to FTN, they wouldn't be able to understand the intense sharing goal of the site without having ratios in place to help them.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    dedro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    always would take a buddy as far as i could. he got me started and i have made some strides but he is content with what he has. he turned me down on more than 1 occasion but i ask him first everytime i come up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast