Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What sites are so good that you would'nt give a invite to a buddy?

..... BT Rep: +2

Question Mark

What Track's are so Great that you would not even risk giving out a invite because it is irreplaceable?
    Example- If i wanted to invite a close friend to track that was strict and overall great, I would hesitate giving the invite to he-she until they worked on some less strict sites! Another if the person you invited for some reason does not log in enough- a lot of neg things can happen to lose privileges or get banned 4 life..
    unless you signed up through open signups then inviting anyone is a possible burden down the road for the person nice enough to give you that invite...
    Last edited by pone44; 03-04-2008 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Not spam-some of my real friends do not even know how to use BT clients,ect but would love to get into it!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    wtf is this spam, why do you care? to make you happy ill answer: if it was my friend, i'd invite him regardless.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Depends on the buddy. I have one that I invited a few places and he is on the verge of being banned on all of them for low ratio. So of course I will not be inviting him elsewhere.

If he wants stuff from now on, he will either have to get it of public trackers, open signup trackers or directly from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    /me unzips his fly

ya what now.

what kind of friend are you if you arent going to invite your friend to a site you are one.

I take my friends with me to the top. No point in being at the top all alone.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Definitely depends on the friend, and if I can trust them. There are a lot of sites I wouldn't give an invite to a friend that I just think could keep a good ratio.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    yeh, i do the same, i must say i "feed" 3 friends of mine all i can, cuz they are also hardcore DL'ers like me.
    They're awaiting for me to get some waffles invites (25gb up is a lot for me, a casual music downloader), as i got 2 of them to what.cd already... a couple more TTi and a revTT and hdbits and i've nearly finished feeding all my "family". (they don't care for sct or ftn etc etc).

btw, the biggest success amongst my friends was inviting them to STMusic, TL and xbox-sky (told them signups were open). so they don't really know or care much about these levels' thingy.

It's a lot funnier when everyone is downloading a lot, and can share tracker experiences.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DarkLured's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    wtf is this spam, why do you care? to make you happy ill answer: if it was my friend, i'd invite him regardless.
    Wow, that seemed hostile. It's a legitimate question (maybe he's just curious and interested in what people have to say on the issue), and it's not spam just because you think it is a useless or stupid question. If you don't like it, you are free ignore the thread and not answer the question.

My answer: There is no tracker I wouldn't invite a friend to, but after a bad experience inviting a friend who was a relative n00b at torrenting, I would make sure he understood how important it is to keep up a decent ratio and how to do so.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    It depends on my friends experience with torrenting, but at the end of the day he'll still be my friend and torrenting is what it is.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I send them to T*B

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    TP635 has cut the throat of this topic ... TPB reminds me those beautiful days when i started torrenting......

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast