Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: secure Givaways !!

saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i was wondering that is it secure to giveaway invites and accounts ( mainly invites ) ??
    i mean since we have got many site representatives here with us , and i know for the fact that many of us use the same user name on other torrent sites as on FST . so will they mind to see their invites being just " giveaway " by users here , or they just take action when they find the person that we invites is a bad user or cheater ?
    since " Giveaway " thing is the shinning star that has brought on the forehead of FST by its valued and dedicated members , and i really want to b a part of that tradition .

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    well, you need to check your trackers rules first. most allow giveaways, although not all allow public giveaways

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i very much doubt that more that 80% of valued trackers dont allow that

correct me here if im wrong

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    The best way to give invites is through PM that way you have no problems with the staff . Basically if you see a guy requesting for an invite and you feel he desirves to be invited there ... well if u have the invite PM him and give it to him but not until you check his past here, profile links to other trackers, speed test or whatever makes you belive he is a good user...
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    dogie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    true scr :>
    invite people you trust because on most of the trackers ure responsible for your invitees
    and plz respect rules of the trackers, if u dont agree with them dont join :>

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    It's never a good idea to have the same FST name as a tracker your on. Your just asking for trouble from hackers or from admins. Now most trackers don't allow giveaways blah, blah, blah but thats just a general rule that is on most every faq out there. If you cared about following every rule in the book, rules you wouldn't be into torrenting in the first place.

If you do want to do a giveaways:

1. Don't have the same name here and on the tracker your doing a giveaway for.

2. Make sure the invitee uses a different name then fst when they register at the tracker you just signed up for.

3. Don't announce the winners.

4. If you're really spooked find someone to do the giveaway for you.
    Last edited by Sanka113; 03-03-2008 at 09:55 AM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    why am i asking for trouble from hackers using the same nick as somewhere else?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by sokrates View Post
    why am i asking for trouble from hackers using the same nick as somewhere else?
    As we saw last year with the db hacks on multiple trackers, followed by the public listing of usernames and unhashed passwords, alot of people used the same nicks and relatively weak passwords on multiple trackers, alot of a/cs were hacked, there was even an fst member who hacked member a/cs then gave them away to other people here in the invites section.
    Also there are dictionary attacks frequently here (my own a/c has been forced and others I know have had it happen or attempted ), so if hackers can bruteforce your username/password here and it is the same or similar to that on the trackers then they can hack your a/c.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    well as i use keepass to generate my pws thats no issue to me
    what do i do if an acc gets hijacked here btw?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    well, you need to check your trackers rules first. most allow giveaways, although not all allow public giveaways
    most trackers dont allowe GA in public

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast