Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Back At The Pop Up Adds

I can stop all pop ups except for one which sells software to stop popups. Its more like blackmail send me money or else ill keep sending these. Well I decided to get back at those MF well actually there is just one MF. www.popupstopper.com
    is registered to
    Panicware (POPUPSTOPPER-COM-DOM)

Now if you have had any problems with popupstopper Nicks' home # is
    or maybe you like them you can call to say thank you.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Already have had it for a LONG time. Pretty reliable software, imo.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Norton firewall and zonealarm work just as well as that program.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    http://duke.usask.ca/~macphed/prox/43/

Use the Proxomitron for blocking popups. It may be a bit hard to configure it but after you get it setup you wont have any popups.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by LocoOne@3 August 2003 - 13:31
    I can stop all pop ups except for one which sells software to stop popups. Its more like blackmail send me money or else ill keep sending these. Well I decided to get back at those MF well actually there is just one MF.  www.popupstopper.com
    is registered to

Now if you have had any problems with popupstopper Nicks' home # is
    or maybe you like them you can call to say thank you.
    Those are not regular pop-ups. Those are the Messenger PopUps. Were they tell you to buy some software for $21 or something to stop the messenger popups, when you can stop them for free.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    how do u get rid of those then? i can't find where they are coming from...

peace,
    jamison taylor french

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    chalkmongoose
    Start -> Run -> Services.msc
    Type 'm' and scroll down to the messenger service.
    Press stop.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but if you have a beef with someone, settle it yourself. Don't post addresses or phone numbers without permission.

If you'd posted a screen shot of one of these "popups" then we could tell you how to disable them. The term popup is often misused though and in most cases it's an intersite message using windows messenger service. Originally an administrative tool which has been hijacked by unscrupulous advertisers and just general lowlifes.

Panicware was pretty much the first company to develop a way to stop web popups and they continue to supply and develop new products to do that. If it's the messenger service that they are now using to inform people of the problems with the messenger service , then it's a least a somewhat legitimate use. Much better than a penis enlargement ad in plain view of the whole family or office.

If you think it's a misuse, then contact them and if the answer isn't what you'd hoped for, post that response back here.

http://www.popupstopper.com/product_downloads.html

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    cool! thanks alot chalkmongoose

peace,
    jamison

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    he's talking about this pop up that comes up about every 20 minutes in winxp if you aren't running a firewall. this shit is actually installed with winxp. even with the firewall on it attempts to send an outgoing connection which i've set my firewall to block. it's the svchost.exe. Unfortunately it can't be deleted but using a firewall will end it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast