Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about going on a trip to Europe..

brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    I can recommend Zeeburg to camp I'll a little outside the city centre but it has a fabulous Euro atmosphhttp://www.campingzeeburg.nl/

Vliegenbos is also a great place to camp although you're not allowed to smoke in the cabins (although we did)
    http://www.vliegenbos.com/
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    I have always wanted to go to Europe and see Juno Beach, Paris, Mahchester (family lives there) and the netherlands. HOW DO I PLAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

Help. I know I can fly to Manchester and stay with family, and then take a train from London to Paris. I know theres tour buses that go from Paris to Normandy and the Netherlands..

Anyways, I was wondering if theres anyone whos done something like this before. Places you have stayed, places to go, ect ect.
    Thanks.
    Manchester is ok..only they do have a crap footbal team..yes come to the Netherlands, watch real professionals play football...and free you mind from all those taboes

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    You could try something like this.

http://www.interrail.net/
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    and u can always see euro trip before u go for it

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    The hostels are booked and the ticket is in order. I have a growing list of things to do and CAA is mailing me maps of each city. I need help getting between the countries though. I want to take the train.

Paris -> Brussels -> Amsterdam

Thats what I'm doing (im flying to paris from manchester)

Someone want to guide me in the right direction?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Septimus's Avatar -- Nicolas -- BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I went to Italy four years ago. I think is a beautiful country. You should visit Venecia, Roma and Milan...

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    If you are planning on more than just the two rail trips mentioned you should consider a Eurail pass. It does NOT cover Eurostar trains (Paris to Brussels) though you can get greatly reduced fares, but I get the feeling you have to book in advance.

I can't tell if it covers the Thalys trains that run between Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam, that part of the site seems to be down. I think it will but you should check beforehand. Most intercity trains will require a seat reservation which is not covered by the pass.

You can't get the Interrail pass the CG was suggesting, that is only available for residents of the participating countries. If you are only planning rail trips in France, Belgium and Holland then the Eurail pass is cheaper anyway.
    Last edited by lynx; 05-06-2008 at 02:26 AM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Thanks for the info lynx, I am only taking the train between paris, brussels and amsterdam thought so I guess I wont be getting much of a deal but I have done some more research and found that tickets are around 90 Canadian dollars each (its actually 80, but for 10$ more i can go first class )

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    formos's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    its too many places to see,capitols are usually the most beautiful but it doesnt mean that the coutry looks like them

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    why you want to go to places where the sun dont shine ? go to sinai ! believe me its heaven .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast