Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Pecular issue with utorrent 1.7.7

  1. #1
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    spamming ur mom and sis.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,755
    So about 3 hours ago, I noticed a weird phenomenon occurring on one of my servers that is running torrents.

    After uploading a decent size pack, the bandwidth would fluctuate between 70kb/s and 8mb/s and is still doing this. I have no clue what is causing it. I have tried rebooting my server, matching all the settings on it, and still to no avail.




    That is what it looks like. There are multiple torrents going atm, but the main pack is causing those peaks every 8 seconds or so. Normally, on a pack I will be doing 8-10mb/s steady....but it is almost as if traffic shaping is in effect on my box.

    What makes me think it isnt though is that a few friends with boxes through the same provider, arent having the issue. Plus this started randomly a few hours ago. It was working perfectly fine until then.

    I have spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to fix it...if it is fixable...so now im seeing if anyone else has ever seen this on a dedicated server before with utorrent 1.7.7 running.

    A few peers will connect, seeding for me will spike to normal 8mb/s ish...then they will disconnect.

    Maybe they all happen to be comcast users? Thats what I thought at first...but 2 were seedboxes.
    Last edited by fatcat69; 03-05-2008 at 09:15 AM.

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    i made a thread recently about fluctuating utorrent speeds. didn't really manage to rectify it but it somehow went away by itself at first i was suspecting harddisk problems but i don't relaly know... here are some of my graphs:




    it's the same with the upload, but i don't wanna put up mroe than 2 graphs cus it'll take up too much space on your thread.

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,366
    It's on the peer side, the user, not you. It seems like the Isps are throttling the peers connected to your seedbox, forging RST packet as usual. Also utorrent 1.7.7. tends to act really funny in itself.

    Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!





  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    spamming ur mom and sis.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,755
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    It's on the peer side, the user, not you. It seems like the Isps are throttling the peers connected to your seedbox, forging RST packet as usual. Also utorrent 1.7.7. tends to act really funny in itself.
    Well I thought it was peer side, until I had a few friends with seedboxes download it...they are reporting that they will connect to me for about 3 seconds...then disconnect...and it happens over and over every 5-10 seconds.

    It literally just started randomly kicking peers basically...reboots wont fix it or anything.

    After this pack finishes...im going to switch back to 1.6.1 and see what happens then.

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,366
    Yea 1.7.7. is too fickle for me as well. I only use it due to it, being a requirement for utorrent users, on most trackers.

    Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!





  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,053
    could it be your server company problem?
    thank you S', you're realy good friend and I will never forget it.
    Linux Box by naq , Tracker Rules by Grind$oFine

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I find that my upload limit (displayed on the graph, max about 47kbs) sometimes "cycles").
    causing all torrents to disconnect for a few seconds.
    this happens perhaps evey 10 minuites.
    not a problem, but bloody annoying!.
    Frustrating as it does not always happen.

    Runing PG2, but I would have thiught that would only cause incomming problems in any.

    Any thoughts?

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    spamming ur mom and sis.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,755
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelabel View Post
    could it be your server company problem?
    Na...it ended up being an issue with the hard drive. Ran a diagnostic and found some bad sectors where the pack was stored...so what most likely was happening is certain users kept trying to grab the same part of the file from me and it kept disconnecting them bc of the error. idk works now though

    Another way to fix it is by limiting your upload bandwidth...


    /close mods :-P

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lordoflard View Post
    I find that my upload limit (displayed on the graph, max about 47kbs) sometimes "cycles").
    causing all torrents to disconnect for a few seconds.
    this happens perhaps evey 10 minuites.
    not a problem, but bloody annoying!.
    Frustrating as it does not always happen.

    Runing PG2, but I would have thiught that would only cause incomming problems in any.

    Any thoughts?
    that's exaclty what happened to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelabel View Post
    could it be your server company problem?
    Na...it ended up being an issue with the hard drive. Ran a diagnostic and found some bad sectors where the pack was stored...so what most likely was happening is certain users kept trying to grab the same part of the file from me and it kept disconnecting them bc of the error. idk works now though

    Another way to fix it is by limiting your upload bandwidth...


    /close mods :-P
    what'd you do to clear it up?
    Last edited by athenaesword; 03-05-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    spamming ur mom and sis.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,755
    run whichever hard drive utility you have on your computer, windows comes with some built in, just repair the sectors and do a defrag....for linux theres a similar program to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •