Thread: How do you use a .cue file?

Wilton331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I've never used one before, but they seem to be vital in getting all the gaps and such when burning FLAC. Does anyone know what to use or if you can use them on Macs, and how?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilton331 View Post
    I've never used one before, but they seem to be vital in getting all the gaps and such when burning FLAC. Does anyone know what to use or if you can use them on Macs, and how?
    Wilton, .bin /.cue files is much like a windows extension but "Toast" can handle these kind of files...

If you don't have it and don't want to buy it, go for "Burn" at

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/

as far as I know, this is free an can handle .bin/.cue files.

btw, if you like burning cds/dvds you will need a better burning program but for now, Burn can solve your problem.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wilton331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I have toast. When I download a torrent with a .cue file, do i simply open it with toast? Or do I need to create a playlist and add it in?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    vampiro's Avatar Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    just open the cue file with toast and it will do the rest

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    This link will tell you all I know about cue splitter. The app is free.
    http://cue-splitter.en.softonic.com/mac

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    A .cue file is simply a text file which defines which files are used to constitute tracks, and where those tracks start and end. The format is fairly obvious if you open a .cue file in a text editor.

Toast understands .cue files generally, and I believe it knows how to deal with the extraction from FLAC files. However, it may not understand the need to perform this extraction with the FLAC file(s) listed in a .cue file.

Try it, you'll find out if it is going to fail long before it starts to do any actual burning. If it doesn't work you will need to extract the FLAC file(s) manually to wav format, and edit the .cue file to change the file names.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.