Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trade or not?

The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    I have nothing against people who trade, it's their way to get what they want. They can take the easy path also the faster path or can take the "harder" path. But let me tell you this: trading is not always the safer path. Yep, there is a downside to trading.

There is always a high risk to trade your invites with a bad user or worse a cheater and that move will jeopardize your account.

Some trackers will remove your invites, other trackers will ban your account and worse of all some trackers will ban your account and IP.

Having a dynamic IP won't help you that much, you'll be constantly on a run to get back in.

This is only for one individual. Multiply that by 100 or 1000 and you'll have the explanation why trackers ban whole IP ranges or even worse whole countries.

In the end it's your decision, but think about it for awhile before taking it.
    Last edited by The Wanderer; 03-06-2008 at 01:09 PM.
    Live long and prosper.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by BEGINER View Post
    Yeah i agree...I am also anti trader,but unfortunately for good trackers i only see trades...Dont get me wrong,i didnt try to get some high level trackers(i got RevTT and TL)and thats all i need for now...But long time ago,i didnt saw in giveaway section that somebody give stronger trackers,only trade this for that,and stuff like that...So i was curios...That is only reason that i start this topic...Because i rather want be part of BitmeTV(example),then to be a part the like shall trade

Nobody is gonna tell you in public: Hey, tell me your mail, I´ll send you a BitMeTV (or any high level) invite.
    But believe me, one day you receive a PM, sometimes a guy you hardly remember have read some post of him, and voilá!! miracle done.
    All you need is that somebody likes you, the way you are, your background... sites give invites, invites are no cookies, I can´t eat them, so I have to give them, the only thing needed is to find the person that fits, somebody who makes that place a little better and who is not going to screw my reputation or jeopardize my membership.
    Most users who have access to invites in high levels and closed community based trackers are old and very good users, or staff, usually they don´t need anything you or me may have, they are in the phase of give, they only expect in change the pride of recruit a valuable member.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by BEGINER View Post
    But long time ago,i didnt saw in giveaway section that somebody give stronger trackers,only trade this for that,and stuff like that...So i was curios...That is only reason that i start this topic...Because i rather want be part of BitmeTV
    Honestly? You won't see alot of giveaway's at all from the top sites (If any at all). Most of the top sites have a huge community structure. People barely care about the torrent aspect of it. Don't get me wrong people will request torrents they want, but community comes first. Most of those trackers don't allow their name to be mentioned. But for some, reason most break that rule anyways. Well technically speaking. Most of the people who break that rule, are ones that are not members of the site, sot hey really don't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Nobody is gonna tell you in public: Hey, tell me your mail, I´ll send you a BitMeTV (or any high level) invite.
    But believe me, one day you receive a PM, sometimes a guy you hardly remember have read some post of him, and voilá!! miracle done.
    All you need is that somebody likes you, the way you are, your background... sites give invites, invites are no cookies, I can´t eat them, so I have to give them, the only thing needed is to find the person that fits, somebody who makes that place a little better and who is not going to screw my reputation or jeopardize my membership.
    Most users who have access to invites in high levels and closed community based trackers are old and very good users, or staff, usually they don´t need anything you or me may have, they are in the phase of give, they only expect in change the pride of recruit a valuable member.
    Exactly. Thats how I have gotten into the most exclusive trackers. Some felt I was valuable and could contribute. That's really it, nothing more, nothing less. It takes extreme trust and patience. Remember the inviter is tied to the invitee and his invite tree, for the lifetime of his or her membership(Account).
    Last edited by grimms; 03-06-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    mera's Avatar Member BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Both are permitted here and of course you have the freedom to choose what you want. For me personally, I don't trade and I have managed to get invited to trackers by getting to know and making friends on here and sometimes out of blue by generous members.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    GOOLOOMGOOLOOM's Avatar Member
    trading is one little thing that makes me exited !!! yeah baby yeah

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOLOOMGOOLOOM View Post
    With that face on your avatar ... i am not surprised that nothing else "Excites" you.
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    BEGINER's Avatar NOOB BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by SCR View Post
    With that face on your avatar ... i am not surprised that nothing else "Excites" you.
    Sorry for my bad English
    And i hope that i will give some trackers,but for free,because im non-trader...
    Invites wich i have,i will give for free

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by SCR View Post

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Never traded! I hate traders.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I've got nothing to trade, but I got into a few sweet places. So it's possible.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast