Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winxp Start Button

Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@3 August 2003 - 23:24
    It is possible, indeed desirable, to have your Quick Launch (and other) toolbars at the side of the screen.
    I'm glad somebody agreed with me

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@3 August 2003 - 23:24
    It is possible, indeed desirable, to have your Quick Launch (and other) toolbars at the side of the screen.

Here is a screenshot of my computer; I have just moved my mouse to the left of the screen to show the toolbars. When I move the mouse away, it auto-hides again.
    This means I have a convenient method of launching virtually any program with one click, but it doesn't get in the way when I'm not using it.

The top toolbar is the Quick Launch bar.

Xilo: please resize your signature.
    Maybe next time you should remove vivs ip....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Originally posted by N£MO@3 August 2003 - 23:40

might be an idea there...

also...what is the little bar underneath the user info...the one with 0%?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+3 August 2003 - 23:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 3 August 2003 - 23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-N£MO@3 August 2003 - 23:40

might be an idea there...

also...what is the little bar underneath the user info...the one with 0%? [/b][/quote]
    Yes the one ending in arn...i see it now too.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Ex-member
    How to drag it to the side:

Above you&#39;ll see a toolbar. To move it around the taskbar, you click and drag the bit with the yellow arrow. You&#39;ll see it changes to a &#39;side-to-side&#39; cursor when you drag it.

However, to drag it off the taskbar, you must click and drag the bit with the blue arrow (the toolbar title). You&#39;ll see that it changes to a mulltidirectional arrow cursor, and you can drag it wherever you like.

edit: as Vivitron 15 found out to his disgust (look down), you have to have all windows minimized before doing this

Then it&#39;s just a case of getting rid of the text (deselect "Show title" and "Show text"), and setting it to "auto-hide" and "always on top".

Hope this helps

edit: image is fixed. Sorry, guys&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I keep forgetting I have these tools on display....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    The easy way to have all ur Shortcuts all together is to make new Toolbars and then make them so little that only show when u click on they just like the start bar &#33; here is a example :

as U can see I have 2 extra toolbars one for games and the other for tools &#33;

the only thing u need 4 this is a folder full of shortcuts and then you can do a toolbar with a right click on the start bar new toolbar and chose that folder . enjoy

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    :-" :"> :-"

I got it.....you really must close any open windows first..otherwise it just tries to open the toolbar....

:-" :"> :-"
    <insert signature here>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    what does the wee toolbar with the red and green boxes do then?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    when you post "bad" stuff, you get warned..this is your current warning level...kinda "x" strikes and you&#39;re on moderation i guess
    <insert signature here>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Ex-member
    It&#39;s a mod tool, so we can track what action has been taken on each member...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast