Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aom Hacked?

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    To anyone thinking this was a milicous hack, READ THE EMAIL.
    Its a notification offering the admins of the site the opportunity to fix the holes, they aren't giving out the DB or anything...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Lets hope. The site doesn't need this type of attention. This post was useless and should of been kept private(They have a forum and a staff inbox). I don't think AOM wants or needs all this attention on FST. I do agree with why they don't want members who are not magic experts. Give these AOM threads a rest please.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    I doubt many trackers care about their rarity. aom probably just wanted to have a good small community
    Ah yes.. Thats the whole point. Only magic experts. If your not an expert, then AOM doesn't pertain to you.
    Last edited by grimms; 03-07-2008 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    ohh this is why I got a random invite to a tracker called salad

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Ah yes.. Thats the whole point. Only magic experts. If your not an expert, then AOM doesn't pertain to you.
    Yep! FST is full of magicians! As you can see by the numerous AOM requests and everyone trying to signup with the fake open signups

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    So they could trade for lower level sites such as revt-ect.lol. Not me! site has issues it seems not to balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Yep! FST is full of magicians! As you can see by the numerous AOM requests and everyone trying to signup with the fake open signups

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Every BT Tracker has it's fair share of problems(Don't use that excuse). The admin already explained the requirements. Members apart of AOM, should keep AOM news, within AOM(I said it three times lol). If the admin wanted this news out, she would be a comm rep here and share it with us(But thats not the case). Also I think it was really nice of her to explain the whole sign-up situation with us, even though there was not any requirement to do so. Shows that they care and actually respect their members (Or people wanting to be members). If your Magic expert contact AOM. If not, be happy and let live. You won't become a member there.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BReal13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    owned by a Magic Hacker LOL

Happy to be at last

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    To anyone thinking this was a milicous hack, READ THE EMAIL.
    Its a notification offering the admins of the site the opportunity to fix the holes, they aren't giving out the DB or anything...
    These people stole the database I guess that is not considered malicious in your eyes, but it could be used for a bunch of other things like for example spam.

If these hackers really cared they would of found the hole and reported it with out having to steal the database and emails.

I feel sorry for the site but this has happened to so many sites in the past few months that I hope site coders start to really look at there site security before anything else.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Dear AOM Member,

... i´ve been a member ever since filefight ...

Greets,

salad.tl team
    But of course you are, hacking the site from inside is much easier, isn't it?

Don't be fooled with salad's gracious and kind full message, if he gave a *!#@ he would personally and privately notify the admins and not send a world-wide-spread message to all the users...

Then again, i do not think these guys mean any harm, they just want to show the community that AOM is not that great and get other site owners scared while showing the world who's on top. if i was a 15-years wanker i would probably do the same thing...

Personally, if i was the owner, first i would be terrified, probably take the site offline to the garage, try to figure out how the hell it happend.
    Once the mistery is unfolded, i would track down these guys down, if they are members they must have left trails, but then again, it seems that the guys only know their way around magic... Probably the site is still up.

And as we already know, magic will not solve this one out!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I didnt get any such mail
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast