Thread: Os Choice Help!?!

I have two hard drives and i installed xp to both of them... then i formated one and installed windows server 2003 to one of them...

Everytime i boot up i am prompted with (OS CHOICE) there i get to choose my windows that i want to load... how do i get rid of that and just make it boot into my master hard drive... i figured out that i had to go to my boot.ini thing and i deleted two entries one for the Windows 2003 Server and one for my slave Windows Xp... now my boot log is as follows

[boot loader]
    redirect=usebiossettings
    redirectbaudrate=
    timeout=3
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

i was hoping that it would work... but now i have two seconds to choose either if i want to go into

Windows Xp
    (Default Windows) << the arrow is initially there, after the 5 seconds are over my computer restarts :/
    Seconds Remaining to Choose: 5 << starts from that and quickly minuses

if i edit out hte last fast detect would that mess up my boot up?...

ummm i will add some pics of how it looked before very soon...

PHOTOS PHOTOS~~

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Soul have you made the 2nd drive into a slave using the jumper settings on the back of the hdd?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yea... i&#39;ve had my computer for 3 months so yes... and its been working i can log in but its just annoying that i have to choose the OS

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    try going into your bios and changing boot order, its prob 1st floppy, 2nd ide 0 , 3rd ide 1, change change 3rd option to disabled or cdrom, it may also have option to "try other devices" disable it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Soul, i have a similar problem. I have partial reinstall of xp that shows up on boot up, and i have to choose between that, and the windows xp pro, even that install has been canceled, and removed from my boot ini... i still cant get it off that menu in the bios/startup, and i have to chose one or the other... and by default, it selects the failed/canceled install, so it screws up if it tries to boot to that.

how do we get these options out of the start up?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Soul814, try this:

Right click My Computer
    Click on Properties
    Click the Advanced tab
    Click on Startup and recovery
    Under system startup, uncheck
    &#39;Display list of operating systems for xx seconds&#39;
    Click OK

See if that works, good luck.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@4 August 2003 - 01:34
    Soul814, try this:

Right click My Computer
    Click on Properties
    Click the Advanced tab
    Click on Startup and recovery
    Under system startup, uncheck
    &#39;Display list of operating systems for xx seconds&#39;
    Click OK

See if that works, good luck.
    ya that works... thanks

imma edit out the windows server 2003 since i didnt have a serial number so it never finished installing n i reformatted my computer...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    You&#39;ll still need to edit the boot.ini , set default back to your current system, and remove any temp files at the root of your main system. Look for any thing like &#036;filename&#036; and delete it.