Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WTF with SCC

BluRossonero's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    It has come to our attention that with an update to the latest version of µtorrent (1.7.7) by default there are several options turned on that absolutely must be turned off. DHT (distributed hash tables) and Peer Exchange, as well as Local Peer Discovery are features in µtorrent that allow you to connect to peers that are not part of the tracker. Failure to turn these options will cause µtorrent to misreport data to the tracker. This is not only a security risk, it is also a bannable offence as your client will report more data uploaded and less data downloaded from the tracker, thus falsely increasing your ratio. Also, if you are seeding to peers from outside the tracker, you won't be able to seed to SCC members as quickly as possible. Please disable these features as soon as possible.
    Failure to turn these options off may result in your account being auto disabled due to our anti-cheat system!!!

???

my peer exchange and local peer discovery were enabled when i checked, i think they autoenable when you updated to 1.7.7

i just turned mine off now
    In preferences we have:

Enable DHT Network
    Enable DHT for new torrents
    Enable Local Peer Discovery

Ask tracker for scarpe information
    Enable Peer Exchange

And I need to uncheck the red one's? Any other options to check/uncheck?

If I uncheck these options will there affect me on other trackers than SCC? For example if I leave them uncheck for TL it will be okay, right?

Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    That is how files go to TPB-public. not a member but feal the pain if they posted that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BluRossonero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    It has come to our attention that with an update to the latest version of µtorrent (1.7.7) by default there are several options turned on that absolutely must be turned off. DHT (distributed hash tables) and Peer Exchange, as well as Local Peer Discovery are features in µtorrent that allow you to connect to peers that are not part of the tracker. Failure to turn these options will cause µtorrent to misreport data to the tracker. This is not only a security risk, it is also a bannable offence as your client will report more data uploaded and less data downloaded from the tracker, thus falsely increasing your ratio. Also, if you are seeding to peers from outside the tracker, you won't be able to seed to SCC members as quickly as possible. Please disable these features as soon as possible.
    Failure to turn these options off may result in your account being auto disabled due to our anti-cheat system!!!

???

my peer exchange and local peer discovery were enabled when i checked, i think they autoenable when you updated to 1.7.7

i just turned mine off now
    In preferences we have:

Enable DHT Network

Enable Peer Exchange

And I need to uncheck the red one's? Any other options to check/uncheck?

If I uncheck these options will there affect me on other trackers than SCC? For example if I leave them uncheck for TL it will be okay, right?

Thanks!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by fOrUmAs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alfry1010 View Post
    So i get on irc and they told me my acc was disabled because i make a GA of the 2 invites i had on a small french forum so be careful and if somebody get an invite i make a request so it's not a GA and i take care of my ratio!

u should knows by now that staff from SCC checking FST for every scc giveaway thread and they are disableing users if they find same username as there

that is also the reasone why no one from SCC staff havent had ex. community rep status here
    ye u are so right about that.
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Di@monds View Post
    Its 30 days now.
    Nope incorrect according to the faq.
    User The default class of new members. Inactive accounts will be deleted after 1 week.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Good thing you posted that T.S.O.L. I haven't seen their homepage in the last couple days, and Local Peer Discovery was enabled in mine. Never knew I had to turn it off.

Thanks again.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Di@monds View Post
    Its 30 days now.
    Nope incorrect according to the faq.
    User The default class of new members. Inactive accounts will be deleted after 1 week.
    Maybe the FAQ hasn't been updated yet?
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Enable DHT Network

Enable Peer Exchange
    Not a member of SCC' but this is how I always set my client.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234