Thread: Music Sharing Apps?

Poster BT Rep: +1

Cool

Hi

I've been away from music p2p apps, like kazaa, ares, limewire, frostwire for quite a long time.. was wondering if anyone can fill me in, what are the new apps now? Any new networks?

I mean like are there any new good apps for sharing music and videos (not bittorrent) that have no spyware and ads etc? i know of the ones mentioned above but no others.

Cheers,
    TG

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    its not really new but i like Soulseek for music. http://www.slsknet.org/

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    There are not much new networks or clients, that phenomena has fallen to sleep in todays time.

You can use classics that still get maintained like
    • Soulseek
    • LimeWire / FrostWire
    • Ares
    • Shareaza
    Slsknet is especially for rare music.

LimeWire is the Gnutella application, as the people from there keep Gnutella up and respond to new challenges.

Ares is like the Kazaa of today, simple and pretty useful for single mp3 downloads.

Shareaza is a multi-network client, I recommend using it for Gnutella2 and maybe also Gnutella at the same time. It's a comprehensive Windows-application, but it's not just a small little tool like many others, it's rather massive and ideal if you really want to deal with something rather than just download some files.

Then there are some networks/programs that are very old but still work pretty good. That would be Morpheus utilizing NeoNet, and Piolet/Blubster utilizing MP2P. Both networks aren't spammed too much, they have the mainstream content and you can download with decent speeds. If you want to try them, then for Morpheus you should get an older Ultra version, so you have no ads and no filtering which is implemented in newer versions. For Piolet, you should go with the 1.83 beta, because this version doesn't come with bundled malware/extra ads like it usually does. I could post links to them or create tutorials if there is interest.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    Limewire is the best today

5. File Sharing   -   #5

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yasobelber92 View Post
    Caution, the website found their got modified by the MAFIAA!

Filtered, controlled p2p application with a store there today.

Does iMesh still work? I tried to get iMesh light running some while ago, but it didn't really work out..

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    For rare music I still use emule or soulseek occasionally.

All others I haven't used for ages.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Soulseek helps..but not comfortable with Emule.. I just dont get the proper results with Emule
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BluRossonero's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by yasobelber92 View Post
    Not new, but:

http://www.imesh.com/
    I also used imesh and it was pretty good! But now I don't use it anymore. I use the trackers I have to get my music...