Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: typical trance tune

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i don't know much about trance and want to check out whether i like the genre or not.

can you please recommend me a typical trance track that represents the genre well?

something like a popular trance anthem maybe.

i don't need any full albums or mixes. just one popular song so that i'll say: "ok, this is what trance sounds like."

i know there is a great variety with a lot of subgenres, but there's gotta be a song that you would play to someone who wants to know what trance is.

2. Music   -   #2
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    try something from Armin van Buuren. this is probably the most known trance artist. he makes a lot of mixes / single tracks

3. Music   -   #3
    Bear, try Tiesto - Adagio For Strings .. this track is an anthem for at least 2 years )

4. Music   -   #4
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    Try one off these Tiësto,Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buuren, Above & Beyond, ATB, Ian Van Dahl; but you must know that trance music also has many subgenres there is anthem trance(all above mentioned) , ambient trance (best representative would be Sasha & John Digweed),Electro trance(Ferry Corsten),Psychedelic trance(Infected Mushroom),Vocal trance(Ian Van Dahl,Armin van Buuren, Above & Beyond),euro trance (Cascada)and so on .. but try the first 6 and if you like their music then definitely you must go for the rest of them .. personally i am for anthem and vocal trance.
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

5. Music   -   #5
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    [YOUTUBE]I3HEUd6zbLY[/YOUTUBE]

However as you say there are a lot of subgeners, different styles. So just basing if you like it or not with only a few songs can't be done, as with any other style with subgenres and different sounds

But this one is imo a great track and if you like it you sure can like a lot of other tracks.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

6. Music   -   #6
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    cafe del mar--energy 52

FTW!!!

7. Music   -   #7
    Ronnie Coleman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Actatoi, the tune you posted is more dance than trance.

I honestly suggest Armin Van Buuren - Universal Religion 2004. It represents Trance as its best.

Link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Reli.../dp/B00049QN6C
    "Do well and you will have no need for ancestors." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

8. Music   -   #8
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
    Actatoi, the tune you posted is more dance than trance.
    Thrillseekers themself and discogs beg to differ.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

9. Music   -   #9
    yakir132's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    try : infected mushroom - becoming insane ( the song , not the album) .

10. Music   -   #10
    vqt's Avatar Usenet n00b
    Sarah Mclachlan - Silence (Tiesto In Search Of Sunrise Remix)
    IMO one of the biggest tunes ever...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast