Thread: BitmeTV Question

Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Is it like having cable TV, and can it replace my cable tv?

Thanks for your answers!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    it has a lot of tv shows..

if you've got the technology to hook up your computer to your tv, and if you have the bandwidth to seed everything you download back, you can watch your favorite shows, but you might not get that basketball or hockey game you want to see, or any of the news channels you'd be missing w/o cable..

so i guess the answer is no. cancelling your cable might not be a bad idea though, depending on your current setup/ what you watch regularly on tv

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    HTPC + BitmeTV + RSS = the best cable provider you'll ever know. Shows just air about an hour late

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    If I could watch live sports I would cancel my cable.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakz View Post
    Is it like having cable TV, and can it replace my cable tv?

Thanks for your answers!
    With a sports torrent site, yes, as long as you can get used to not having to watch it it at the same time it airs, and after a week or so you soon get used to looking for something to download to watch. Sometimes it's great having 3 or 4 of the same series to watch back-to-back as well.

Can you get FTA (Free To Air) news and mainstream channels without paying subs, having something to watch is better than having nothing. If you have nothing to watch at all if you cancel, then you may wish to reconsider.

I saved a fortune by cancelling all my TV subs channels, and spend it elsewhere mind you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green_Thumb View Post
    If I could watch live sports I would cancel my cable.
    Streaming works well these days, 4 or 5 secs delay, but with live radio, I do not miss not having live TV broadcasts at all now.
    Last edited by SgtMajor; 03-08-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I haven't subbed to cable/satellite since 2005. I don't watch sports, everything else is on the net.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    BitMeTV basically gets all shows that air, with a few exceptions. The good thing is that they cut out the commercials, which I really hate. (The commercials that is, not that they cut them out, lol) So I'd say - Yeah. It might work.
    Last edited by Qlix; 03-08-2008 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Typo.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I've got a tivo so i can catch the sports and news, but i want bitmetv so i can get the stuff that regular cable doesnt have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naleo View Post
    BitMeTV basically gets all shows that air, with a few exceptions. The good thing is that they cut out the commercials, which I really hate. (The commercials that is, not that they cut them out, lol) So I'd say - Yeah. It might work.
    Haha no kidding. Whenever i watch a regular tv with commercials it makes me want to break something. I hate commercials so bad

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    I agree Ragecloak. That's actually the reason I started using torrents. I blame commercials for me file sharing! It's their fault. :whistle:

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    BitMeTV = Non Plus Ultra.