Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I really don't know what i should wrote here..

znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gladiator View Post
    I only tried to help him recovering his acc.
    Have you attempted to request a new passwd from your own computer (and IP) to the email address of the other guy?

Because if that's the case, the staffers probably thought that the other account is also yours.
    Last edited by znik; 03-09-2008 at 09:20 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    The Gladiator's Avatar I Will Report You BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gladiator View Post
    I only tried to help him recovering his acc.
    Have you attempted to request a new passwd from your own computer to the email address of the other guy?

Because if that's the case, they staffers probably thought that the other account is also yours.
    Yeah i did that.

But it isn't i have only one acc there, i would never try to stolen someone's acc.

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."

**Don't PM me asking for invites**

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    the only way I'd ever offer to help someone with an account problem, is to give them the tracker's irc help channel address. any time you become involved with someone else's problems, they tend to become your own problems also.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    That explains everything then.
    The staffer saw your IP requesting a new passwd for a 2nd bitmeTV account to an email address .

They cannot know if that other email address belongs to you again or to another person.

A lot of traders trade their double accounts and then they bitch and cry that someone stole them.

The staffers saw your IP trying to retreive a 2nd bitmeTV account and then you asked them to send the details of the account to the initial email.

How could they know if this account was traded and not hacked?
    You shouldn't have tried to request another person's account details from your own IP.

I am surprised they didn't even ban you on the spot.
    Last edited by znik; 03-09-2008 at 09:35 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    the only way I'd ever offer to help someone with an account problem, is to give them the tracker's irc help channel address. any time you become involved with someone else's problems, they tend to become your own problems also.
    Yeah i got that now... Is the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    That explains everything then.
    The staffer saw your IP requesting a new passwd for a 2nd bitmeTV account to an email address .

They cannot know if that other email address belongs to you again or to another person.

A lot of traders trade their double accounts and then they bitch and cry that someone stole them.

The staffers saw your IP trying to retreive a 2nd bitmeTV account and then you asked them to send the details of the account to the initial email.

How could they know if this account was traded and not hacked?
    You shouldn't have tried to access another person's account details from your own IP.

I am surprised they didn't even ban you on the spot.
    What can i say...? You're right i think, it's the only explanation.

Thanks znik.
    Last edited by The Gladiator; 03-09-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    FACE_TO_FACE's Avatar -- F*ck LEVELS -- BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    good point.

They have nightmares with traders and every single suspect situation ... they ban the user or invite tree...

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I dunno w/e happened I atleast share the same opinion. Bitmetv staff has been nothing but disrespectfl and condescending to me. The funny thing is i never did anything wrong at all. There was no misunderstanding, i still have my account, and there was never any problem. It just seems that when i ask them for help or have a question they talk down to you.

Its run by a bunch of power hngry teenagers who have to assert their dominance to compensate for the other inadequacies in their life.

Bitmetv is a good site with good content but it isnt anything that cant be replaced. I think that sooner or later they are going to lose alot of good members because of their attitudes. Then they will be replaced with a bunch of collectors who are going to ruin that place

Jon

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    No that's not true.
    You can help another member if you wish, by asking a staff member politely.
    I 've once helped my invitee who couldn't for some reason access her account and couldn't retrieve her passwd.

I didn't try to retrieve her passwd myself though.

I just asked for help on her behalf and the staffer helped me promptly.
    Last edited by znik; 03-09-2008 at 10:19 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Moral of the story?

Keep your nose out of other peoples business, unless you know what you are doing (ie are staff) and/or know the staff you are having to deal with personally.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Moral of the story?

Keep your nose out of other peoples business, unless you know what you are doing (ie are staff) and/or know the staff you are having to deal with personally.
    I got it sarge, i got it...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast