Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Sued By Riaa

TriBeCa 22
    If we download from Kazaa Lite, can they track us and sue us for having copyrighted music?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    yes but youve got more chance of winning the lottery 3 times than getting sued by the RIAA (literally) plus the new kazaa has bad IP blocker on so that makes you safer, dont be scared to download and share or there scare tactics have worked, keep downloading and more importantly keep sharing

fuck Derby County

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Dingus Khan
    Has any of the users that were subpoenad been Kazaa-lite users?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Paul_NFFC@3 August 2003 - 23:56
    yes but youve got more chance of winning the lottery 3 times than getting sued by the RIAA (literally) plus the new kazaa has bad IP blocker on so that makes you safer, dont be scared to download and share or there scare tactics have worked, keep downloading and more importantly keep sharing
    I got pmed by the RIAA while runing the latest Kazaa Lite browser (had RIAA ip blocker). It looks like they found a single mp3 being shared, however NO mp3 transfers were going on at the time of the RIAA warning I received.

I am a big Kazaa Lite fan. - but I dont think the hackers are doing enough to combat the RIAA.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Digital Jammer@4 August 2003 - 06:03
    I got pmed by the RIAA while runing the latest Kazaa Lite browser (had RIAA ip blocker). It looks like they found a single mp3 being shared, however NO mp3 transfers were going on at the time of the RIAA warning I received.

I am a big Kazaa Lite fan. - but I dont think the hackers are doing enough to combat the RIAA.
    you can block other users from seeing your filelist in the options in the new versions of k-lite

you can also block incoming messages in there...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I have done both of these things recently. Actually when I first got the RIAA warning, I did have Kazaa Lite checked to only show a single file (not displaying all being shared). After that event I have disabled all kazaa lite pm&#39;s.

What bothers me the most is that some intelligent people have advised me that the RIAA HAD to have my ip address when they sent the warning to me. (I was running a version of k&#39;Lite that had ip blocker) What has my "feathers ruffled" a little, is that the latest Kazaa Lite claims to not give away one&#39;s ip address- yet other very intelligent hackers advise me that this is "bull....".

I honestly think that the best here should discuss the matter of Kazaa Lite&#39;s ip blocking function- truth or myth? That way the rest of us can decide what is really in our own best interests.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Paul_NFFC@3 August 2003 - 15:56
    yes but youve got more chance of winning the lottery 3 times than getting sued by the RIAA (literally)
    i&#39;d say that estimate isn&#39;t quite right, because there are other factors that affect your chances. i.e. what country you live in, what kind of files you share, whether or not you use privacy add-ons, etc. if you live in the U.S., share radio/MTV hit singles, and neglect to use the privacy patch or firewalls like PeerGuardian... your chance of getting targeted by copyright owners is significantly higher.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Digital Jammer@4 August 2003 - 06:15
    What has my "feathers ruffled" a little, is that the latest Kazaa Lite claims to not give away one&#39;s ip address- yet other very intelligent hackers advise me it&#39;s bull.
    the latest version does not claim this at all...it only has a built in ip blocker which tries to stop anti-piracy agencies connecting to you

however, this doesn&#39;t mean that your ip is not given out...

also, the riaa and other anti piracy agencies will be changing their active ip&#39;s regularly, therefore there is no surefire way to stop the riaa connecting to you...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Yeah - and also if you function as a supernode there might be issues

EFF

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    chalkmongoose
    Although with the level of technical expertise demonstrated in the past by the RIAA, I&#39;d doubt they&#39;re up for weekly IP bloc refreshes.
    Most PMs by "I am a member of the RIAA, eat shit and go to jail" are by who think that scaring people is hilarious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast