Thread: For Allan5 - amatriciana a la Crabgirl and Saturday Morning Kitchen.

CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Gently heat some Olive oil in a deep frying pan or large saucepan, use extra virgin if possible. I don't measure stuff so use enough to cover the pan about 2 millimeters.
    Finely chop a large onion and two cloves of garlic and cook them gently so they turn translucent but not brown. Chop some thick bacon into small chunks and add to the pan and cook for about five minutes. Add a teaspoon of dried mixed herbs, some freshly ground black pepper and stir well. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes or a carton of passata (I use passata as it's cheap, better quality and finer than tinned tomatoes) and mix well. Heat through gently. I then add a tiny splash of red wine, some black pepper and a little bit of chilli powder. Traditionally they use pecorino cheese but if you can't get hold of it the parmasan they sell in wee shaker things is fine. Add loads (Yeh it's not the best for the arse but it's delicious) and cook gently for about ten mins to amalgamate the flavours. If you have any fresh basil add this right at the end.

It should end up gloopy but not runny, which is why I think passata is better than tinned tomatos. If it ends up too runny add a teaspoon of cornflour mixed with a little cold water.

Cook some pasta so it's Al Dente. Add to the pan and mix well so it completely covers the pasta, put onto a plate, add more cheese if you so want. Eat.
    Last edited by CrabGirl; 05-20-2008 at 01:39 PM.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Someone bump this in the morning so he sees it.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    thanks CG.