Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Optical Mouse Still On When Pc Off!

Poster
    Try actually shutting off the switch in the back. The one on the power supply.

There is power to the motherboard as long as that switch is on.

Edit: typo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    I have the same prob. and my PSU doesn't have a switch what i do is unplugg the mouse everytime BUT its kind of anoying...

I used to have a logitech mouse and it turned off, but my new CLEAR optical mouse doesn't...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by Somebody1234
    There is power to the motherboard as long as that switch is on.
    Exactly....and if it's USB it could still be getting a trickle of power...
    but it's probably just a light. My logitech mouse, though it's PS/2, has a light on the
    bottom of it, just to make it look cool. I suppose they may use a small battery if they
    wanted it to look cool all the time...

If you're really concerned, why not check the manufacturer's website?

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    mine did this, I just used it as USB, problem solved, turns off when computer does.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    if the power is still connected to ya pc then there is a slight amount of power in ps/2 ports for waking the computer from keyboard or mouse even if this option isnt enabled in bios, im pretty sure this applies to most mobo's.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    unplug the computer power cord from the wall and the mouse light will go off.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by aintgottime@4 August 2003 - 02:57
    its not cordless! If I run it via USB it turns off, but via ps/2 it dont!
    if the mouse is a USB device, i guess you're using a PS/2 adapter... which begs the question...

... why do you need to have it plugged into the PS/2 port? are you using a non-Windows OS that doesn't support the mouse via USB?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by boyzeee@5 August 2003 - 01:33
    if the power is still connected to ya pc then there is a slight amount of power in ps/2 ports for waking the computer from keyboard or mouse even if this option isnt enabled in bios, im pretty sure this applies to most mobo's.
    Not any computer I've ever seen. The only wake function is from standby or hibernation. Which would mean that the computer is Not shut off. The motherboard does have power to it at al times as long as the power supply is switched on but the power does not pass to the PS/2 ports or any ports unless pin 14 is shorted to a ground pin or some other ground.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    ive just checked all the pins on the ps/2 ports on both my pc's with my multimeter and yeh you right, my mistake , perhaps its his power supply not switching correctly or his mouse in windows is set to "use this device to wake up pc" or bios stuffed or or or who can say turn the bloody thing off at the wall or get a new mouse

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    lynx's Avatar .
    Check your bios power-on settings. If you can power on via the keyboard, there must be power to the ps/2 ports, which includes the mouse port.

Edit: It's only using a few milliamps for god's sake, put a cover over it if it is keeping you awake.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast