Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collecting sites.

Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    It's quite common that people just try to get invited to every site possible, just to collect them and look awesome or something, without even using half of their accounts. Do you do that? If so, what's the point? If you don't, why not? Would like to see some opinions on this question.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    I trade loads of SCL accounts!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Yes, people hoard trackers and it's nothing new. What's the point? Well there really isn't any point. It's just in human nature trying to be better than everyone else and peek into strange places. Some want to run faster than the others, some want to have more trackers - and oh boy if they are rare and noone else has seen em! Well, that's at least how I see things. There were times I was really interested in all kinds of different trackers as well. But thank God it didn't turn into serious mania.

edit: btw it would be fun to make a list of all the symptoms of 'tracker mania'.. maybe seeing that would open up people's eyes to see how silly it is... Symptom no1: One has a number of tracker userbars in the signature in order of the latest rarity!
    Last edited by Presto; 03-10-2008 at 04:48 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Naleo : since you seem to be new here, you might not have heard about a concept called as an e-penis. the more trackers you have, the larger the buffers, the larger is the e-penis. most people want trackers for what level they are and not for the content that they actually offer. most of them will want to show it off by putting multiple userbars or favicons in their signature. it gives them a sense of achievement and they feel like they are "l337" just coz they have level x trackers. its more of a self-appraisal thing

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    That's just foolish. Well, I'm new on FST but I've been active in torrenting since about the day TPB opened publically. E-penis is a joke btw.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Due to my crappy upload, I can "commit" only to a couple of sites if I want to build good ratios and buffers.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    probably out of curiosity, and also that they have (no life) nothing better to do with their time.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BReal13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee1 View Post
    I trade loads of SCL accounts!!!
    maybe thats why you don't have any accounts

I don't like to collect accounts, but it happens when i register to a tracker and i don't like the layout, pretimes ,content and i don't use it....hope it's not a crime. There are so many trackers out there every one has something unique

Happy to be at last

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Another idea I just got is that traders probably collect as many sites they can and later on use them to trade better accounts on their behalf. Either way, it's waste of space on the sites they collect.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Naleo View Post
    Another idea I just got is that traders probably collect as many sites they can and later on use them to trade better accounts on their behalf. Either way, it's waste of space on the sites they collect.
    Troll on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast