Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISP is taking to Court by the 'Big Four'.

Jdsnut's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Proceedings have been started by EMI, Sony, Universal and Warner the four larges record labels, to force Eircom a Irish ISP, to end piracy on its network. This is the first of its kind never before has a ISP been sued by a company cause of the content on its network. This is another attempt by anti-piracy groups to censor the internet by banning illegal P2P file sharing.

Full Article @ TorrentFreak: http://torrentfreak.com/ifpi-isp-mus...piracy-080310/

Last edited by Hairbautt; 03-11-2008 at 04:05 AM. Reason: image n'stuff

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Give me a break.

Billions of dollars in drugs are moved across 2 lane roads, highways, interstates and a hundred other types all year round. The federal government might as well sue all the states that have let drugs pass along their rivers of asphalt and concrete. It’s the same model in my opinion.

These tard donuts hurt the internet more than they help it.

I'll look forward to the day when Warner will have to sue itself. Do they forget that they have an ISP themselves? I personally think that Time Warner Cable is just a hobby of the Warner industry, something to play around with when they're bored... but for the love Peat! These people are morons.
    Last edited by delimare; 03-11-2008 at 03:14 AM.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I saw this on the tv news last night.

I wouldn't go near eircom as their speeds aint great and all their packages has contention ratio. There's not many good BB providers in Ireland and if the record companies get a victory againt Eircom you can bet they'll target the rest of the Irish isp's as Eircom is the biggest and more established ISP in Ireland.

I was disappointed to hear this, just have to hope for a good outcome
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    The odd thing about Time Warner Cable AKA Roadrunner is they offer free axx to newsgroups which are full of pirated materials and also don't throttle BT. What a better way to drive out the competition than by suing other ISPs for allowing piracy under the guise of a record label while offering their own customers a safe haven for piracy by letting them pay for it. It's actually quite genius and I certainly don't care as long as I get to keep my un-throttled internet and free newsgroups.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by tusks View Post
    Roadrunner...and free newsgroups.
    Agreed.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Jdsnut's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tusks View Post
    The odd thing about Time Warner Cable AKA Roadrunner is they offer free axx to newsgroups which are full of pirated materials and also don't throttle BT. What a better way to drive out the competition than by suing other ISPs for allowing piracy under the guise of a record label while offering their own customers a safe haven for piracy by letting them pay for it. It's actually quite genius and I certainly don't care as long as I get to keep my un-throttled internet and free newsgroups.
    I never actually thought of it like this your actually quite right it is genius.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Gee always picking on the Irish , it is to laff . Wish they'd pick a Canadian company like Rogers just to see the shit fly .

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Well i dont care to shits because the biggest users of drugs and its always the good stuff are in the music and movie industry. So point is if they are not making enough money in the end stop using drugs.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    I didn't know they think it's their business to restrict our internet usage. Perhaps they should do away with freedom of speech and democracy while they're at it.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Poster
    They just want to threat with this.They cant accuse isp for allowing p2p!This case is a big waste of money , i think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast