Thread: Unable to upload Utorrent

I can download at blazing speeds, but can't upload/seed. The red icon - network problem - is displayed most of the time. It is never green. Can you point me in the direction of what the problem may be and how to correct it?

-firewall
    -port forwarding
    -anything else?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    HDR's Avatar SEED.OR.DiE-GOT.iT ? BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Screen please, maybe i can help you since i've had that problem in the past and fixed it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    You should give more information about: type of connection, which version of utorrent, router, OS etc.

I suspect you don't properly foward the port.

You can find more info here:

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php
    Live long and prosper.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    edgarb's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Are you behind a router? You probably have a router which is blocking ports.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    Screen please, maybe i can help you since i've had that problem in the past and fixed it.
    Yes, screens please.
    Many many things can cause the red circle.
    I've had it about.... 5 or 6 times due to different things.
    o hai

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Aliyans's Avatar Came, Saw &Conquered BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    hi
    i have been experiencing same thing 4 last 2 weeks now..even i have forwared port. port checking shows port forwarded..its geen as well botton of utorrent ..download is at full speed ..n no upload even though there are plenty leechers.. not connecting..each torrent icon on left hand side is red...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    uTorrent 1.7.7
    XP Pro
    DSL
    Linksys bfsx41

I use Kaspersky with firewall, made some changes and it is now uploading as well as downloading. Now I'm getting the Green circle/checkbox, "network ok."

Kaspersky was a tricky bugger to configure, but I googled "Kaspersky" and "utorrent" and
    1. unchecked STEALTH MODE and
    2. added uTorrent to TRUSTED APPLICATION

Sorry, could have sworn that was the firewall was configured

Port forwarding is not working yet - I'm getting: Error port xxxxxxx does not appear to be open.

So, is it always necessary to
    1. set up static IP
    2. Forward ports?

I understand that using UPnP is also an alternative, but may open up the network to attacks. My router Linksys router supports
    UPnP.

Thanks!

Last edited by superfuzzy; 03-12-2008 at 03:15 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by superfuzzy View Post
    but may open up the network to attacks. My router Linksys router supports
    Make sure your hardware firewall in your router is enabled and you will be ok, you can configure all you need to then.

It's only outbound packets you need to worry about then.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!