Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swearing

what makes a swear word a swear word?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    it's been done. Do a search for JPaul and you'll find it.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    I guess justabout ANYTHING can serve as a "swear word"....

Even the word "darling", when used by an angry ex-husband about his THIRD greedy ex-wife, could be a really harsh swear word, filled with poison and an overload of spite!!!!

(NOT me...I can tell You.... I have only one ex-wife and that is more than any bloke needs.... once is ENOUGH.... OK... You can TRY anything ONCE&#33

H.H. B)

4. Lounge   -   #4
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    one that society deems so.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    SWEARING is an interesting part of human culture, and all nations have their own swear-words. I don't know if anyone has ever made a study of that, but as far as studies go, THAT could be an interesting subject!!!

SO.... I am willing to expand YOUR knowledge of some swear words in everyday use in my dear country, FINLAND!!!

SO.... here are some all time favourite FINNISH SWEAR WORDS, in Finnish, of course, what did You expect? Anyway, these swear words are very potent and they all have been tested throughout the centuries by people like Wäinämöinen, from the Kalevala - Saga.... And many others, including some of our war-heroes, Presidents and that everyday worker at his desk:

1. PERRRKELE! (Note the use of the exclamation-point there, and the use of multiple letter "R" ... VERY essential to the overall swearing-effect...) This hairey little devil lives in that VERY HOT infernal condo downstairs...

2. SAATANA! (The same hairy devil... the same address... too&#33

3. JUMALAUTA!!! (Notice the THREE exclamation points.... this is where the ancient Finn is calling out for help from the Gods above...)

4. VITTU! (That is the mystical and sacred place women carry between their legs, AND if they happen to be in a good mood YOU may even have a taste of it! Wow...)

5. KYRPÄ! (That is the part of the body, MEN usually want to insert in the mystical and sacred place that women carry between their legs...)

6. HELVETTI! (THAT is the hot, infernal condo, ... where that guy with the little horns and a pitchfork lives...)

7. PASKA! (Now THAT is a bit messy .... well...how should I put it? Uhm... it is a sample/portion of Human Excrement... You know... SHIT&#33

8. PILLU! Another word describing that mystical and sacred place AND numbers 4,5,7 and 8, they ALL can be used as adjectives, too. like: "YOU are a REAL n 5"

Well.... IF You go out shouting THESE frases... be sure to have an open alcohol-container in Your hand... and You probably will get OFF with just "Ahhh.... never mind, it's JUST another Crazy Finn...."

Well... I guess this is a perfect place to end it all..... boohooo .... NO ... I'm just ending this short lesson in "Essential Finnish"....
    so BYE, Y'all!

H.H.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by H.H.@4 August 2003 - 09:49
    SWEARING is an interesting part of human culture, and all nations have their own swear-words. I don't know if anyone has ever made a study of that, but as far as studies go, THAT could be an interesting subject!!!

SO.... I am willing to expand YOUR knowledge of some swear words in everyday use in my dear country, FINLAND!!!

SO.... here are some all time favourite FINNISH SWEAR WORDS, in Finnish, of course, what did You expect? Anyway, these swear words are very potent and they all have been tested throughout the centuries by people like Wäinämöinen, from the Kalevala - Saga.... And many others, including some of our war-heroes, Presidents and that everyday worker at his desk:

1. PERRRKELE! (Note the use of the exclamation-point there, and the use of multiple letter "R" ... VERY essential to the overall swearing-effect...) This hairey little devil lives in that VERY HOT infernal condo downstairs...

2. SAATANA! (The same hairy devil... the same address... too&#33

3. JUMALAUTA!!! (Notice the THREE exclamation points.... this is where the ancient Finn is calling out for help from the Gods above...)

4. VITTU! (That is the mystical and sacred place women carry between their legs, AND if they happen to be in a good mood YOU may even have a taste of it! Wow...)

5. KYRPÄ! (That is the part of the body, MEN usually want to insert in the mystical and sacred place that women carry between their legs...)

6. HELVETTI! (THAT is the hot, infernal condo, ... where that guy with the little horns and a pitchfork lives...)

7. PASKA! (Now THAT is a bit messy .... well...how should I put it? Uhm... it is a sample/portion of Human Excrement... You know... SHIT&#33

8. PILLU! Another word describing that mystical and sacred place AND numbers 4,5,7 and 8, they ALL can be used as adjectives, too. like: "YOU are a REAL n 5"

Well.... IF You go out shouting THESE frases... be sure to have an open alcohol-container in Your hand... and You probably will get OFF with just "Ahhh.... never mind, it's JUST another Crazy Finn...."

Well... I guess this is a perfect place to end it all..... boohooo .... NO ... I'm just ending this short lesson in "Essential Finnish"....
    so BYE, Y'all!

H.H.
    I think HH set us up for all this

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    GREAT MUGSHOT!

H.H.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    chalkmongoose
    That l'll monkey is adorable, by the way, H.H. I love his hat.
    Some swear-words got started in a very old setting. The words Fuck and Cunt all got started in the middle ages, by bored monks, I suppose I'd suggest looking them up for evidence, as I'm too lazy.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by DJ-KeTTLe@4 August 2003 - 08:27
    what makes a swear word a swear word?
    there is no such definition

say whatever you like it's a free world

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Swear words appear to be words which describe an act or a thing which would not be acceptable in "polite society" Things which society does not expect to be referred to openly.

Feck - relates to procreation.

Bar Steward - Illegitimate child

Nob - Male anatomy

Cnut - Female anatomy

etc. It appears just to be words that represent subjects that people are not comfortable with.

So a feckin bar steward (even tho´the words them-self are not unacceptable) represent topics which are.

We then learn what is swearing from authority figures and accept the same things. As someone pointed out there is also a national and indeed socio economic aspect. That which is socially acceptable down t´pit is not in the office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast