Thread: The Trouble with ISO

Poster
    HI,
    I extracted the first RAR file of a movie and got an ISO file. I want to view the movie, but all my efforts so far only produce more ISO files spread all around my PC. The icon is grey, circular at base with a pointed grey-flame top. For some reason, I no longer see a gold DVD icon for ISO files. I have PowerISO and MagicISO. Can someone help me? In a similar situation with another movie, someone told me to MOUNT the ISO file. What is MOUNT and why would I want to MOUNT it? I've read the help files for PowerISO/MagicISO, but it just doesn't sink in. BTW, this ISO file is of reputable quality.
    Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    ISO files are image files and are intended to be "ready to burn".

I recommend using VLC Player if you want to simply watch the movie.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I have VLC Player. What do I do? Sorry, but I don't know where to begin.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mindtrick's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    You can also mount the image file with daemon-tools.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    PoerISO or MagicISO, which I have, are no good.? I need Daemontools? And what does mounting do?

I have PowerISO and Magic ISO. I need Daemon Tools instead and what does "mounting" do?
    I want to watch the movie.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by shokan; 03-13-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by shokan View Post
    I have VLC Player. What do I do? Sorry, but I don't know where to begin.
    Right click the ISO file.

Open with VideoLan Player.

You may have to browse for VLC if it is not in the programs list.

You do not need to mount to image with Daemon tools. That is an unnecessary step.
    Last edited by Skizo; 03-13-2008 at 06:56 PM.

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    This link shows how to play an ISO file using VLC:
    http://www.hackszine.com/blog/archiv..._with_vlc.html

Best of luck!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    try ultraiso

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Virtual Daemon ( download the LITE version from http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5 ) is a program that creates a 'Virtual CD drive' on your computer. Once you have done this you can insert the 'virtual iso' file into your 'virtual drive'.

It is simply the best program for doing this out there. It is free, so by default it installs adware, but it is voluntary so you can uncheck the boxes for this when installing it to get an adware free version. During installation the computer has to reboot once to install the drivers that make this possible.

Once you install it you will have a little red icon in the lower right corner of your screen.

You RIGHT click it for the full menu, choose "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM", then "DEVICE 0: [whatever]", and then "Mount Image". You then pick the .ISO file you want to mount.

Alternatively you can LEFT click and then click the drive you wish to mount an image to.

Once you've done this, the drive letter associated with the virtual drive will now look just like you've burned the .iso and put it in a drive and you can watch the video with any old DVD player.