Thread: DC++ is there anything like search engine for finding what I want ?

there are many search engines for torrents, there are search engines for Rapidshare what about Dc++ ??

There is MoGLO 1.2.21 but it is not working if one has got vista installed.

Is there anything that I can use to find easily what i want ?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I see no one knows

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I've been using DC++ for a few years, and although I'm no expert so I can't say yay or nay for absolutely certainty (since hackers make a point of breaking all the rules *grin*), as far as I know you have to belong to HUBS and be in them to search for material. So once you're in Hubs - yes. But if you're not in the Hubs - no. A hub is like a filter through which you can view members' material...and without the Hub, the link to everyone's hard drive does not exist (for DC++ downloading purposes).

With Hubs you search a person's HDD (that they allow), unlike Torrents that are more like links that anyone can access via trackers and meta trackers (torrent search engines). You need to be a member of a Hub to access this information- so it's kinda like fully private torrent sites where there is no torrent link to the outside world (wide web) - although that analogy is faulty since DC++ operates in a different way than torrents.

The way I see it, it's almost like trying to find a torrent without being connected to the Internet.

Once in hubs, you can search once across all hubs you are connected to to find what you need. Hope this helps.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    eatpepsi's Avatar Veni, vidi, vici BT Rep: +4
    ^^

Can i connect to other hub i.e which isnt in the same city..
    - Prayer must never be answered: if it is, it ceases to be prayer and becomes correspondence. -