Thread: External Hard Drive

jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    does anyone know if there are any external hard drives 10 gb or less?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    I don't recollect seeing any (or at least not recently).

I feel compelled to ask why you would want to restrict the size, you are unlikely to see any price improvement.

I believe it may be possible to get an external caddy (allowing you to fit any drive you wish), then all you have to do is find a drive smaller than 10GB. Or alternatively buy one with a larger size and swap the contents for a smaller drive, but you would obviously invalidate any warranty.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i only want the drive to transfer files from other pc, the other pc is from my school and it doesn't have burner and it has a great connection, so i want to download stuff save it to the drive. another option may be a zip but zip it's too small i think the biggest is 256 mb or i'm wrong?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    I think the latest zip drives are 768MB, but probably cost just as much as an external hard drive.

From the sound of it you should go for an external drive caddy (USB) and put the cheapest drive in that you can find (you may still be able to get 20 or 30GB, but I doubt if they will be much cheaper than the more common 40GB drives).

A USB caddy should plug straight in with Win2k or XP and be instantly recognised as a hard drive. Don't forget to use the disconnect utility before removing the drive, or it may get corrupted.

Here's a link to one I found using google, I don't think you will find them much cheaper than that.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thanks a lot, i think i'm going to buy it.