Thread: Windows Program Memory

OK, I was reading this magazine and it had an advertisement a couple pages long... so i read it. It was advertising a program that will allow you to have multiple of the same OSes running on the same computer. According to them, it will have less crashes and if one of the OSes crashes, you still have the others. Also, you can have one OS for games, one for this, one for that, etc. (its a stupid idea, but thats what it said) Anyway, they said that if you have more then 9 GB of Software installed on your computer, Windows will become unstable. Is this true? I never heard of that before and I dont know if they are just saying that so then you can buy their crappy product and run multiple OSes and never exceed the 9GB limit on any of the OSes. Does anyone know if that is true or are they just saying that to get you to buy their product.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Sounds like an absolute load of crap to me.
    Anyway, 9GB of software, that's a heck of a lot. My system partition is only 6GB, it certainly contains a lot more than just software, and I've got a lot of software. Remember that data files associated with games do not count as software. It sounds like another of those get rich quick cons (like kazaagold).
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I agree that I think that it is a load of crap too. But it is not a scam. Some people may find having Multiple OSes installed "handy."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Yeah, I read that Ad, (I think it was in PC Magazine)

Its probably not worth it, and could have serious repercussions if it went wrong. Seems like a lot of unncecessary problems.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    I think I misunderstood, I thought you meant loaded simultaneously, as opposed to merely instlled.

Why would you need special software ?

If they are all windows OS's then Win2k or XP can handle that, if you want to add linux then linux can handle that bit too.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.