Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bittorent vs. IRC vs. Newsgroups

Poster BT Rep: +2
    Usenet all the way ..

I myself use BT as well but I primarily only use TT/TR/TB/DB9 and the such music sites because you can't find that much EDM or music for that matter thats not popular on Usenet, while you can request it ..

And I agree with you fractal, downloading movies and stuff IMO is much better on Usenet. I say that because you don't have to worry about ratios, max out your connection, high content, ect.

/ dj

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    AlterEcho
    Usenet is the fastest (and giganews has great retention). Just make sure you find a good newsgroup indexing site. I usually see 30mb+ download speeds on fiber.
    If you can find a good spider for IRC, this usually helps with finding files. But IRC speeds have never been that great for me.
    Torrents are great and if you can get on a private tracker....which is nearly impossible, then a good alternative. I have 5mb (and 16TB of files) dedicated just to uploading and couldn't even get in the door. I just do not have the time to jump a bunch of hoops to find access.
    Emule is still pretty good (with KAD) and has really cleaned up their act, lately. I have a 30:1+ ratio so I usually get files pretty fast.
    So to sum it up:

Usenet for speed and retention
    Torrents for ease of use
    Emule for some pretty esoteric files
    IRC for just good ole' fashion pron

-=AE=-

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    IRC + Torrent good!

example > SCC !

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    IRC, you leech servers / bots of channels where you usually didn't help in any way..

Similarly to hacked FTP, many leechers see the work and ressources of the hackers? as given, but they are usually earned hard.

With Usenet, you pay and then you may leech, everything is alright there.
    With Torrents, you will give back by seeding, perhaps even helping out.

With IRC, it's pretty cool, but I'd say there are many leecher groaps and script kiddies

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I use Torrent+Rapidshare, I've found everything I ever wanted, so I guess I don't need anything else.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    escuoop's Avatar ♥♥♥ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Morer View Post
    I use Torrent+Rapidshare, I've found everything I ever wanted, so I guess I don't need anything else.

me too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12