Thread: TheBox.bz

Has anyone ever had there account disabled here due to using a seedbox? Ive had mine disabled for this reason so has a few other people I know. All I can say is how lame must a site be if they ban people for that reason, surely it all helps to seed files to people quicker. If any staff member from thebox.bz reads this it might be an idea to get your act together and come up with better reasons to ban people for. Jesus, I have accounts at all the top sites and some that are not considered top but I would suggest that if you want to join a site where you get banned for using seedboxes and for any other lame reason then thebox.bz is for you.

Oh and to add something else, I also used the seedbox to help upload there but they dont accept rar format, it has to be avi. Then im told I couldnt up the particular file because it was covered by there own capper. Now to me a capper upps his/hers own rips not a scene release that pre'd 20 minutes before. When I said mine was a scene release I was posed the question "what is the scene". I think they have that covered then lol.
    Last edited by jambo1981; 03-19-2008 at 11:35 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Announcement:

Seedboxes @ 2008-03-19 14:56:51 GMT (< 1 min ago)

Alot of people seem to be using seedboxes to keep their ratios up, which is great.

However some people seem to be sharing seedboxes, which does break this sites rules.

This consitutes sharing an IP address, just as if you are sharing an IP at home.

The rules state that one account per IP, and a maximum of 3 IPs using an account at the same time, either downloading, uploading or web site access.

Using two Box accounts for example on a seedbox breaks the rules.

I would strongly advise members if they are currently sharing seedboxes to STOP before you are caught. If you are caught - ALL the accounts found sharing the seedboxes will be disabled.

I have disabled 8 accounts today for sharing 3 seedboxes amongst themselves. Staff dont want to disable accounts for the sake of it.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I can understand that but when its my own seedbox which I share with no-one else then surely that cant be the reason?

I downloaded some files from there to my home pc but also used my box to get a good ratio.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Glen@DB's Avatar deamonbytes owner
    this action of disabling accounts due to shared seedbox seems totaly uncalled for imo.
    these box's dont come cheap and i can understand why they get shared.
    i personaly feel you are only banning people that will help keep your site speeds high.
    maybe you should consider excepting the fact that people do share seedbox's and ecourage them to do so.
    it wouldnt take much for TheBox.bz to impliment something that would make this possible.
    4 of the users banned today i know personaly 3 of wich are staff on my site and would not expect them to have a poor ratio on any site and are fully aware of site rules,
    banning blatent dupe accounts is one thing banning people for sharing the expence of a seedbox is another.
    on there behalf i would like to ask the staff of TheBox.bz to reinstate there accounts
    Last edited by Glen@DB; 03-22-2008 at 09:40 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    what was ur username so i can re-enable u?

the mod that did that announcement has been dealt with as he had no permission to alter site policies without a sysops approval....

offcourse we wont ban seedbox users.. and obviously it is impossible to tell if someone is sharing a seedbox or using a shared seedbox.. as such no such rule is in effect (obviously, members with bad ratio that intersect ips will be dealt with as they always have been)

as for ur uploading thing, u should have read the upload rules be4 u go on and upload... rars are not allowed, internal cappers get 24h to upload their own caps be4 a scene release is allowed assuming they are assigned to that program in the first place... if there is no assignment, then a scene release can be uploaded
    Last edited by Jaits; 04-02-2008 at 09:51 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i think its only fair that people share seedboxes. theres so many people out there who just want a little upload and have no use for the 1TB+ transfers that average boxes provide. sharing is only the smart thing to do as it saves cost.
    Jaits : good move. nice to see staff still care

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    jaits, my hat is off to you my friend.
    3 of the accounts in question are as follows:
    afterburner.
    Jambo.
    Andy.
    speaker is currently offline so i cant confirm his details atm.
    i personally want to thank you and your staff for your understanding and response to my Plea.
    THANK YOU.
    if either you or any of your staff wish to join our community feel free to contact either afterburner or JAMBO and an account will be created for you,
    this is not an open offer to anyone that reads this thread, this is purley to show my gratitude and to bring our worlds closer together.

//Glen

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    the 2 i ve found are enabled.. i have a 3rd as well from the same seedbox.. but i cant enable it unless u tell me his name

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    jaits.
    due to real life commitments i cant contact those involved so i think you have done what you can and again i thank you.