Quote Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
    bla bla bla
    +1 more bla

so many pussies in FST

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dythim View Post
    All,

I have made a big mistake and I attempted to trade an account. I was foolish enough to do so and consequently some of my accounts have been banned since. I was very foolish and selfish and I have learned my mistake. From hereon, I will cherish the rest of my trackers and make contributions to those communities. I will no longer trade.

To all, one of the sites I was banned at was BitMeTV. Since then, I have talked to the staff there and openly admitted my foolish and stupid mistake. While we were talking, they treated me kindly and with respect and I did the same for them. Being courteous, honest, and open will go long ways as opposed to lying. The staff have been kind and generous enough to offer me a second chance. Please do not flame the staff there or anywhere else for the poor actions we make and give them the courtesy and respect anyone deserves.
    Which staffer?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    FST goes against every tracker's rules.
    Doing giveaways here or trading invites will get you banned at any site that catches you.
    It's irresponsible and if you do that here you deserve to be banned.
    I didn't realized that when I signed up here for the 1st time, & it's my prob now every one wants me to have bunch of reps & I guess 90% of users with high rep are collectors &/or traders (if not cheaters). But unfortunately it's the shortest way to whatever u want

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    All,

I have made a big mistake and I attempted to trade an account. I was foolish enough to do so and consequently some of my accounts have been banned since. I was very foolish and selfish and I have learned my mistake. From hereon, I will cherish the rest of my trackers and make contributions to those communities. I will no longer trade.

To all, one of the sites I was banned at was BitMeTV. Since then, I have talked to the staff there and openly admitted my foolish and stupid mistake. While we were talking, they treated me kindly and with respect and I did the same for them. Being courteous, honest, and open will go long ways as opposed to lying. The staff have been kind and generous enough to offer me a second chance. Please do not flame the staff there or anywhere else for the poor actions we make and give them the courtesy and respect anyone deserves.
    Btw if you're apologizing to me then apology accepted. Time to move on to brighter things.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    def a lesson all should take in!
    All,

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Yea I wish people would stop complaining about staff on any tracker
    1. watch how you approach them
    2. They dont know whats going on except what the stats tell them
    3. They actually dont know you personally
    4. Theyre primary job is security
    5. They are staff
    6. Stop being a baby & get over yourself

Glad you learned your lesson btw but still be careful who you give invites too. Study them or give to irl friends you trust. I got invites Ive had for months or weeks and dont plan on dishing them out unless I am almost positive they will be active, never trade it or give it away and never cheat.
    Last edited by JROQuinn; 03-21-2008 at 10:35 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Good for you dythium, glad you got your account back. I wouldn't risk trying to trade anymore. Some staff won't be that nice.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Any man can commit a "stupicide", only one wiseman will learn of it and will try to rectify.

Glad for you, and as one of the very few BitMeTV staff defenders I only can say that the keyword is that one you wrote twice: respect. And a demonstration of respect is not to think they are stupid when you expose a problem to them.

Best wishes.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    May I ask why it is forbidden to trade and where can I find that in the FST-rules?
    What's the difference between a giveaway and a trade and what is the middleman request-section for if trading is forbidden here.

I understand trackers don't like to see their invites being handed out without carefully investigating the invitee, but most trackers have a policy where the inviter is responsable for his invitee, so why is trading or giving away invites forbidden than. The inviter will be punished if he invites a bad user anyway.

Just something I don't really understand.
    You have to understand that what happens at FST may certainly go against the wishes of some trackers, as much as what happens at most trackers goes against the wishes of the copyright holders we are infringing the rights of.

There's nothing to stop someone trading one account for another, or even selling an account, as there is nothing stopping us from sharing the latest album or motion picture. There's no difference to someone being globally banned for trading accounts, to someone being arrested for facilitating the trade of copyright material.

FST facilitates the trading of accounts as do trackers facilitate the trading of intellectual property. The main difference, however, is that trading accounts is dealt with by issuing a ban, whereas trading intellectual property is dealt with by a prison sentence and/or a fine.

So, which is the worst of the two evils? I would prefer a global ban from all torrent communities rather than have my arse raped by a bruiser called Gerald.

I should also point out that trading accounts can also result in the said arse rape because the account trader often gives their accounts to unknown entities, who could be agents of the evil empire looking for more victims to suck dry...
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I will no longer trade.
    glad to hear that you learned something. you chose to learn it the hard way, but you did.

maybe your post will encourage some people not to trade and respect site rules from the beginning.

take this as an example, newcomers!
    Definitely. I respect the OP for being open and honest. It doesn't taint your credibility with me and probably alot of others. Glad to hear just be honest, love your communities, help out, and members and staff will respect you in the end.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast