Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help creating torrent site

Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by ru486 View Post
    If you can wait a while, it would probably be good to wait until the Project Gazelle tracker comes out. That looks like it is going to be brilliant . . . so wait if you can
    Don't Know if this is revelant because... What.cd is music, not Water stuff.

Therefore, i think making a tracker looks difficult because of all the work between the members/admins/sysop...

Good Luck.
    i like skittles.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vip View Post
    Can i make a suggestion?Would anyone be able to create and offer a free hosted torrent site with templates similar to those of a free website?The host would provide the dedicated server or VPS,PHP & MySQL (Whatever they do)

Basically i just use their templates and start uploading content,then seed and leech and the free host does all the other programming stuff required.
    So you want someone else to pay for the server, do all the coding, do all the design work, and take 100% of all risk associated with running the thing? And you want it for free?
    It aint gonna happen.

Your best bet is to find a tracker that allows user uploads and just upload anything you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by ru486 View Post
    If you can wait a while, it would probably be good to wait until the Project Gazelle tracker comes out. That looks like it is going to be brilliant . . . so wait if you can
    The OP was confused enough with a pure PHP script, how will throwing a c++ backend into the mix help there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo81 View Post
    I have a tracker and a forum with lots of members on a shared hosting site which is dirt cheap, so no you don't have to pay $100+ a month. You will need hosting tho, you can't just use angelfire or geocites.
    What tracker source? TBDev is well known to require power on a server once you get above a thousand or so members. Even at just a couple of hundred, you can bring the average shared hosting server to its knees.
    That's why most people wont recommend shared hosting for more than the first month or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12