Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple keen to push Safari 3.1 on Windows users

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    "If you run iTunes or QuickTime or any Apple software on your Windows PC, but not Safari, you might have seen an uninvited guest show up in the Apple Software Update earlier this week. Yes, Apple thinks you need yet another browser. They tried to slip the new Safari 3.1 in for iTunes owners, a move that has some Windows users up in arms.

The program is usually used for updating Apple software, and so getting new software with the deal wasn't something a lot of users expected. And users who don't do anything but the default, are basically going to be getting software they didn't plan to have."

Source: Neowin.Net
    View: Mozilla CEO: Apple's Safari-To-Windows Distribution Scheme Is Wrong
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 03-23-2008 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Updated.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Heh, another fucking drive-by.
    Apple must surely be nearing the bottom of the barrel by now.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I already hate the fact that they forcibly package iTunes and Quicktime together as I stick to Quicktime Alternative for less bloatware.

They're just not offering options to users anymore...Kind of reminds me of Nero.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Except that Nero softwares are crap, while Apple makes nice programs.

Not that I'm saying that bundling them together is a good idea, just Nero is really much worse than Apple on the whole.

Tough Steve Jobs sometimes takes the parking place for the disabled, and doesn't give his money to starving African children, so hard to decide after all.
    Last edited by raspberry1331; 03-23-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    One of the very reasons that I won't buy an iPod is I resent not having freedom of choice.If you want to buy,you can only buy from us kind of thing
    Apple may have great engineers working for it but everything else about the company has become very heavy-handed.
    For a business that seems to want to market itself as a Microsoft alternative , they show very little that differentiates the two at their core.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    The reason for bundling QT with iTunes is that all video content on ITMS uses QT technology. And Safari is IMO the best browser out there. Lighter and faster than Mozilla, Opera etc. Tho i understand your views on the subject.
    Got Mac?

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    why would you opt for safari over firefox

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Pudge's Avatar Needler Fan BT Rep: +2
    Because you're insane. That's the only reason I could think of. Thank god I didn't run Itunes yesterday, or else I would've downloaded this without a second thought.
    Needlers ROK!

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by nicho View Post
    The reason for bundling QT with iTunes is that all video content on ITMS uses QT technology.
    They could include the quicktime codec with iTunes without having to include the whole quicktime program.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    $we's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    cool, another reason not to get itunes. *adds to list*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast