Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm Or Sygate ? Or Both ?

Poster
    Im looking for some good internet security to keep those snoopers out, whether they RIAA, FBI, or some hacker from a 1000 miles away.

Now considering I am piss poor an cannot afford to go out an pay huge amounts of money to protect my system,
    What is the best free security i can use on my computer? and where can I find it?

Any help will be much appriciated, by not only myself, but all other noobs who are in the same situation as me.

My Message to the RIAA >>>>>

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    id go with zone alarm pro 4, nortons firewall is overated(antivirus is tops)..go with zone alarm while u save up 4 a hardware firewall,software firewalls just dont cut it these days
    from memory theres a verified cracked version in the forum somewhere.if u have trouble finding it,PM me and il sort u out with zone alarm pro 4

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    I recommend Sygate Personal Firewall Pro -- it is sweet and does the job.

I have also tried Zone Alarm for about 4 months or more, then I found Sygate.

I would suggest you choose.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    they both suck IMO I use outpost

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    :pirate: arr! the best recommendation would be a hardware firewall because software alway has some sort fuckin bugg and top it off software people use you as lap rat to test there product. but if you can't rob a bank for a hardware firewall than just go for zone alarm. :pirate: arr!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I have a router with a built in fire wall and zone alarm

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by cppwarrior00@5 August 2003 - 15:18
    :pirate: arr! the best recommendation would be a hardware firewall because software alway has some sort fuckin bugg and top it off software people use you as lap rat to test there product. but if you can't rob a bank for a hardware firewall than just go for zone alarm. :pirate: arr!
    lol ...i like it

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Go with Zone Alarm. But I dont advise downloading Zone Alarm Pro from Kazaa (' version I once got seemed to have a backdoor in it&#33, just stick with the free version, it's really all you need in a software firewall.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Frogbone
    What symptoms did you experience with the downloaded version of ZoneAlarm?
    I have some weird stuff going on myself here like PC shuts down by itself every once in a while...
    I'm interested to see what you noticed.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Frogbone@7 August 2003 - 14:33
    What symptoms did you experience with the downloaded version of ZoneAlarm?
    I have some weird stuff going on myself here like PC shuts down by itself every once in a while...
    I'm interested to see what you noticed.
    lol- like what didnt I notice?

The most obvious and disturbing thing was hard drive activity when I was online, yet not browsing nor downloading etc... No program was running that could explain the sounds of my hard drive (and the blinking light) that reflect hard drive activity on my computer... it was just like someone was going thru all of my files... (and I wont get into what another firewall showed me!&#33 - After I uninstalled the program and did a system restore (I almost repartitioned/formated) and installed the FREE version of ZoneAlarm this issue stoped completely.

I honestly suspect my Kazaa downloaded file (and I usally AM a fan of P2P&#33 had a backdoor in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast