Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems With Nvidia Geforce 5200 Fx

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I&#39;ve tried that again and again believe me. Thanks anyway, any other suggestions. Right now Im installing windows 2000 service pack 4 and some other stuff just so windows is up to date and everything works to its full potential, then I&#39;ll try all of this again.

Thanks for the help guys... but i need some more.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    wots ya motherboard manufacturer and version? i will do a little diggin around.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    there are programs available to completely delete old video card drivers. i&#39;ve never had such a problem, myself... but i&#39;ve read a lot of complaints from people about old drivers causing problems when you switch from one brand to another.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    its a supermicro p6sba... i think i may have just gotten it working by downloading a driver from nvidia.com. ill let you know how it turns out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    scrattch that, it crashed again. ill try to figure out whats going on.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@4 August 2003 - 23:20
    there are programs available to completely delete old video card drivers. i&#39;ve never had such a problem, myself... but i&#39;ve read a lot of complaints from people about old drivers causing problems when you switch from one brand to another.
    do you have any idea where i can get one of these programs?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    yeh new driver from nvidia fixed a few issues with my card. mine froze when playing rise of nations, there alot of fixs in new driver, directx 9 compatibility etc and on that point have you got dx9 installed? ya new card was built with it in mind.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by mogadishu@4 August 2003 - 20:24
    do you have any idea where i can get one of these programs?
    ah, sorry. i just read that your previous card was a matrox. i know people have created programs to completely delete Nvidia or ATI drivers, but i dunno about matrox. if you can figure out which files comprise the matrox drivers, you could hunt them down and delete them manually from your system.

but re-reading the thread, it sounds like you popped the new card into your computer and it said "not installed correctly"? and this is before installing Nvidia&#39;s drivers? if you haven&#39;t installed the Nvidia driver package, installing it would prolly fix everything right up.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Well I think i just got it, i just restarted and it worked suddenly, ill see how this holds up.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    it&#39;s usually a good idea to reboot after installing new drivers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12