Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems With Nvidia Geforce 5200 Fx

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I just repleced my old video card with a nVidia GeForce FX 5200 (Tornado) 128MB GFX Card. When starting up windows I get an error when starting up telling me a piece of hardware isn&#39;t installed properly. I think the problem is that I didnt uninstall my old gfx card, just took it out of the computer. Can I uninstall it now in safe mode or do i have to put it back in, uninstall it, then put in my new one and install that one?
    Thanks

Mogadishu.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    wot windows you running?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by mogadishu@4 August 2003 - 17:05
    Can I uninstall it now in safe mode or do i have to put it back in, uninstall it, then put in my new one and install that one?
    You can do both. But your second choice would be a better one.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    yeh agree but is new card an 8x agp (sorry cant be arsed to look it up ) does ya motherboard support 8x if so? that could be ya issue but dunno without ya specs :

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Im running windows 2k. Do you think the problem is that i didnt uninstall my old gfx card or that my mb doesnt support. If its the later, i would have to buy a new motherboard if im not mistaken. im hoping its the first.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    my motherboard is 2x or 4x. Since its downwardly compatible, should it still work?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    think it should work but it wont run at 8x, stick ya old card in boot up, uninstall it then shutdown and stick ya new one in, make sure that you install the drivers from the disc supplied or see if there is an update which there probably is already at nvidia.com. the card has prob been in its box for a couple of months and drivers supplied prob already out of date. hope this helps ya

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

Check out that site for the latest Nvidia drivers.

What was the original videocard?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    a matrox 16mb, im not sure the model. wow this is going way downhill, now i cant even load windows with the old one, and i cant even reinstall windows. this really sucks. any help appreciated.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    safe mode, and uninstall any vid cards listed and try again with ya new one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast