Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Partial Seeding Cheating?

Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Some trackers even encourage it. Certainly with packs ... You dload one episode, seed it partially until your ratio is break even ... and continu to do so ... that way you won't wreck your ratio and face some unpleasant consequences when dloading a 10 year seasonpack that's about 70 GB's and you have to get your ratio good within a day or so.

Not cheating at all if you ask me.

On a side note:
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dye View Post
    lol@thread
    Jeez ... just as saw skishoe () was banned I noticed him and J-Dey are the same and they both have the habit of spamming throughout the whole board with useless, off-topic posts just to raise their post-count.
    Please grow up, mister.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well its not cheating, but if your doing it to build a buffer so you can then hit and run on other torrents, then its not good practice.

and we hate it on BCG it totally spoils the SP mod 20:1 seeder leecher ratio, so those that have completed it, cant get SP because there are some leechers that are partial seeding, so not dl anything but they are a leech.

I can understand why members want to do it on other trackers, its just not needed on BCG as you can get a 1:1 ratio on every torrent on the tracker if you just stay on it long enough (and we are not talking years here, a week tops) even if there is 0 leechers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Well its not cheating, but if your doing it to build a buffer so you can then hit and run on other torrents, then its not good practice.

and we hate it on BCG it totally spoils the SP mod 20:1 seeder leecher ratio, so those that have completed it, cant get SP because there are some leechers that are partial seeding, so not dl anything but they are a leech.

I can understand why members want to do it on other trackers, its just not needed on BCG as you can get a 1:1 ratio on every torrent on the tracker if you just stay on it long enough (and we are not talking years here, a week tops) even if there is 0 leechers.
    it`s good to heart this it`s good to know you can 1:1 seed a torrent in BCG

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    its not cheating as Diame said
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Some trackers even encourage it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    anto's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    No partial seeding is not cheating!

When I joined a new tracker I'd do it to build some sort of a ratio and after building some sort of a ratio I'd just seed as normal......

Some trackers don't like it but it has to be done imo just to get a kick start on a tracker

i agree with fisherman u need to build up a ratio other wise the tracker will ban u

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by anto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    No partial seeding is not cheating!

When I joined a new tracker I'd do it to build some sort of a ratio and after building some sort of a ratio I'd just seed as normal......

Some trackers don't like it but it has to be done imo just to get a kick start on a tracker

i agree with fisherman u need to build up a ratio other wise the tracker will ban u
    like i said depends what tracker, 80% of the trackers probably will, but its actually harder to get banned from BCG because of low ratio than it is to keep a 1:1 ratio lol

obviously if all your there for is to leech leech leech then your not going to last long.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    anto's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4

like i said depends what tracker, 80% of the trackers probably will, but its actually harder to get banned from BCG because of low ratio than it is to keep a 1:1 ratio lol

obviously if all your there for is to leech leech leech then your not going to last long.

i don't think fisherman meant for bcg games most other tracker's will ban u beacuse of a bad ratio

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    vinod242's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Partial seeding is definitely not cheating, as disme rightly said if u r downloading a 70 GB pack, generally (or mostly) the download speed is much higher than the upload speed, u end up with a not so good ratio. The trackers know that and most of them give these away as freeleech.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I didn't mean BCG in particular, I'm talking about the majority of trackers in general.

BCG excels itself with the SP rule. I've grabbed some old stuff from there with no leechers and still kept a good ratio.

I did partial on BCG in the past when I joined up and didn't fully understand the SP system.... but if you read it carefully it's actually quite clear.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65

yeah but not every tracker have SP like BCG

p.s
    buffer accounts not relevant in most of the trackers cause most of them demand x:x ratio for each single torrent, TDC for ex demand 0.7:1 no matter how much is your buffer.
    you can have xx tb buffer but still you have to keep 0.7:1 each torrent you download.

many members prevent downloading cause they afraid to lose their account as a result of bad ratio, especially when there is many seedboxes that "stealing" the all upload of those that use their home connection, so I think SP system is very usefull (like BCG or TTi has)
    Last edited by BlueLabel; 03-25-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast