Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is Partial Seeding Cheating?

Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i dont think it is but as long as u dnt hit n run on other torrents sites dnt mind. i do that sumtimes if its a large file and there are many seeders, jus download about 1/4 then decrease dl speed to increase the uploading, then once there are more seeders, i dl the rest and then jus seed normally.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by esco123 View Post
    i dont think it is but as long as u dnt hit n run on other torrents sites dnt mind. i do that sumtimes if its a large file and there are many seeders, jus download about 1/4 then decrease dl speed to increase the uploading, then once there are more seeders, i dl the rest and then jus seed normally.
    here lies the problem with that.... i can see if it was a 50gb pack or something and you only needed 1 or 2 things out of it.., then seed what ya gots... But, it could be considered a way to beat the system also.. you do this on 2-3 trackers and you have the whole thing with no HnR... cause you would not have finished the d/l .... (this was just an example).... but there's a few different ways it play out.... and the trackers suffer because of it...

it's a double edged sword
    if i was running a tracker... partial seeding would = BAN
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    How could sharing of a file and actively uploading ever be considered cheating?

Who made this thread anyways

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by necromantic View Post
    How could sharing of a file and actively uploading ever be considered cheating?

Who made this thread anyways
    if your actively upping on that torrent, then good for you as that's what's supposed to happen... but i was only saying about the cons of it.. which in turn could hurt a torrent... i've seen many, many people use this to get what they want and split... with only a record of an incomplete d/l and no consiquences...

as i said its one of them things that has two sides to it, and i'd thought i'd bring the cons to light... since all the posts so far are way too for it..

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Good point jasperr, I never saw it that way.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    tenis69's Avatar Cristiano Ronaldo BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Partial seeding and uploading is how I got my stats up. Especially at hard to seed and get good ratio trackers.
    Well my opinion its the same but i have a doubt is that we are talking???

As you can see i have upload 2 trackers at the same time. So i help both trackers and increase my ratio. I think is great.
    Last edited by tenis69; 03-29-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Update.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by tenis69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Partial seeding and uploading is how I got my stats up. Especially at hard to seed and get good ratio trackers.
    Well my opinion its the same but i have a doubt is that we are talking???

As you can see i have upload 2 trackers at the same time. So i help both trackers and increase my ratio. I think is great.
    no thats not what the topic is about tenis69, the topic is about grabbing only a portion of a torrent to seed and better your ratio.. well thats the supposed idea of it anyways.... what your talking about is different, and its fine.. thats how many people do things..

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    lightnin's Avatar vix3N LadY
    not cheating!

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    i don't think its cheating, its a good way to build a buffer at sites where its harder to seed

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    It's not cheating. It's being a PITA for people as for some it leads to the misconception there's more leechers then there truly is or for the person who keeps seeding something cause he's the last seed knowing there's other leeches on there even though they truly aren't leeches.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast