Thread: How Do I Convert Rar. Movie Files?

I know that this is a complete noob question, but here goes:

I dl'd a couple of movies via packetseek (great dl speeds, btw) and the completed files appeared as zip files. I used winzip to unzip them and that turned a single zip file into multiple rar files.

What the heck to I need to do to convert the files into a watchable movie (mpeg,etc)?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    All u have to do is open the first .rar file and most likely it will be bins and cues there and then just extract those out and burn them.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Download winrar from downloads.com

After you did that extract the .tar file

You will get many files out of that.

Extract the .rar file after that.

Then use www.vcdgear.com to get mpeg out of the .bin file

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks!!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Glad I could help u out and I don't think u should use vcd gear u can use either WinIso or IsoBuster to extrack the bin if u use IsoBuster then just select extract but filter mfm2 frames it says something like that. If u use WinIso just select extract then when it asks u to save just save the aveseq.dat to aveseq.mpg (maybe mispelled ). Let me know if u have problems.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Why not use vcdgear?

You don't have to install it. It works within the downloaded .zip file

I haven't seen anything better

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by stonecold1203@5 August 2003 - 09:22
    Why not use vcdgear?

You don't have to install it. It works within the downloaded .zip file

I haven't seen anything better
    Exactly.

Also, whenever I used WinISO or ISObuster to extract the .mpg, it would be unplayable. With VCDGear though, everything works smoothly.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    why extract it at all though??? just mount the cue on a virtual cd drive either with daemon tools or alcohol 120% and your all set to go.

or if you must extract it just copy and paste the mpeg into a new folder and then rename the mpeg once its done.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I have to extract it all because my family also watches the movie through the Tv out I set up but I'm not always there to mount onto a virtual drive so I have to make it easier.

Whichever is easier for you, do it.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    That's just what I prefer cause WinIso does it quick and if that fails I always use IsoBuster to back me up. Theres nothing wrong with vcd gear except when a couple of times I tried to extract my dat>mpeg and it just search and said no mpeg, but on the other hand when the other two programs wouldn't work that one did. So there is nothing wrong with vcd gear those programs just all have there flaws so to be safe just make sure u got all three, one has to work.